Episode 17: Maiden No Longer

After I left the school, I started my run down to the shrine. Only reason I didn't fly from the roof was because I needed my bag first.

As I ran down the street twords the shrine, I kept thinking about what dad had said. I wonder what power she gained from the arrow. But, more importantly, I need to talk with Ms.Yutto.

It takes a while before I arrive at the shrine path. I see Calli sweeping away some leaves, a board and angy expression on her face.

(Y/N): Hey Calli. Long time no see.

I hear her groan as she turned to me.

Calli: The fuck are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at school or something?

(Y/N): School's out dummy. Anyway, here.

I reach into my bag and take out a small black box. I see her eyes sparkle as she takes it from me.

Calli: ......You may enter. Now, If you'll excuse me~.

She giggles to herself and skips away to another part of the temple. I close up my bag and walk to the main shrine. I slowly open the door to not try and disturb anything that's going on inside.

???: Now then, that should be all for training today.

???2: Gotta say, your not too bad. But, your still a long way from keeping up with me.

I knock on the door as I close it.

(Y/N): Hope I'm not interrupting.

The black haired woman smiles and stands up.

???: (Y/N)! It's so good to see you! How've you been? Is your mother doing well?

She comes over to me and pulls me into a hug.

(Y/N): I'm fine Ms.Yutto. And mom is fine too.

This is Akeno Yutto, wife of Kiba Yutto. Mother of 1 son, Alex Yutto, who is also in the room as well. I never interacted with her much or Kiba, but Alex is in my school. We talked on occasion when he's not being overrun by girls. The Prince of Kuoh legacy lives on I guess.

Alex: So (Y/N), heard what happened at the festival. Sad that I couldn't see it myself.

 Sad that I couldn't see it myself

(Y/N): Hey Alex. Who's the new girl?

Akeno released me from her right hug and went over to Theria. Only meant once, so I kinda have to play a little dumb.

Akeno: This is Theria, a new shrine maiden in training.

Theria: Um...H-hello. I-i I wanted to thank you for catching me at our first meeting.

(Y/N): There's no need to thank me. I couldn't just let you fall.

Akeno: So, what brings you to the shrine? Guess Calli didn't like your arrival.