Episode 23: Old Family Friend

Adam: How Much longer until we get back to the others?

Tsubaki: We'll go slower if you keep complaining.

Adam: Can you blame me?

Tobi: Yes. We can't take any more breaks.

We've been walking for a few hours now. It seems like the pyramid is disrupting technology and terra forming the city. Our phones aren't getting service nor a signal. And we're in the middle of the city! Not to mention the blue ice like crystals around.

(Y/N): Anything on these crystals yet Tobi?

Tobi: No. Their nothing like I've seen before.

He closed the book in his hands and puts it back in his bag.

Tobi: Their structure and form match nothing of what I've seen before. And that pyramid thing made these?

(Y/N): Yeah. Those beams caused these. What's worse is that if someone was struck by one, they might be trapped.

Adam: Well how do we get them out? Can't you do something?

(Y/N): You saw first hand. Even I struggle against the Darkness. Their power and mine are almost like opposites. Except-

Tsubaki: Except they are much stronger.

(Y/N): Exactly.

Tobi: Okay, but what do we do? How do we weaken it...if we could.

(Y/N): I don't know. We just have to find a way.

Suddenly we hear Adam scream. We turn and look around for him. Suddenly Tobi got grabbed. Then Tsubaki. I felt an arm about to grab me. I make a blade of energy on my arm and swing at them.....but there wasn't anyone.

I slowly backed away from the dark alley before my vision went black.

The next moment I wake up in a new location....On a couch.

The hell even am I? It's definitely someone's home

The hell even am I? It's definitely someone's home. I stand up and take a look around. When I get to a shelf, I see a picture. It's of two women. One with brown hair and one with green.

???: Careful. That frame was expensive.

I flinched and turned around to see a woman leaning against the stairs.