Ch 2: Aftermath

Aftermath

(Tamotsu's POV)

I walk into the bathroom in a daze, still processing what happened. I get undressed and look at myself in the mirror. God I look terrible. I'm covered in blood, cuts, and bandages. I get into the shower and turn on the water. The water stings my body but I don't mind it too much.

I stand there with the water rolling over me. Today has been a complete nightmare. First I get attacked by monsters, and now my best friend is dead. I start crying. Releasing all the pent up emotions from the day. all the anguish and sorrow. I cry and cry until there are no more tears that can be shed. How am I going to tell Mr. Romano? Oh god. He's going to kill me. I slowly wash my hair and body with the soap that is in there. I get most of it off, except the blood on my hands. I wash my hands as hard as I can, but it won't come off. Why won't it come off? After a little while I'm finally able to get it off. I stand in the shower, trying to clear my mind. I snap out of it when I hear a voice come through the door, "Hey, Tamotsu, I'm leaving some pajamas on the sink."

I give out a small thanks. I think that was... What was his name?... Willaf, if I remember correctly. I finish up my shower and dab myself off. I put on the pajamas and slide on the flip flops and walk out. When I get to the main infirmary room, I see Willaf and an older guy in a wheel. The wheelchair man gives me a strained smile and says, "Hello ma boy, My name is Chiron. I am the activities director here at camp."

Chiron? What an interesting name, "Nice to meet you Mr. Chiron. My name is Tamotsu."

I stick my hand out for a handshake. He looks at it skeptically before accepting. Great. Juuuust great. Seems like people's dislike for me transferred over to here as well. Chiron then says, "Please, just Chiron. Will is going to change your bandages and clean your wounds. I have food on the way for you to eat. You are going to be staying in the infirmary tonight. Please make yourself comfortable."

Ah, Will was his name. Close enough. I give a short nod and sit on a bed. Will asks me to take my shirt off and I do so. He slowly takes off the bandages and cleans the wounds. I sit there patiently, hissing every now and then, until he tells me that he is done. I give Will a short thanks and he hesitates, before saying, you're welcome. *sigh* I lean back in my bed and close my eyes for a second. I can feel Chiron's eyes on me. I open my eyes and ask, "Can you stop looking at me like that? You're starting to creep me out."

He gives me a slight chuckle, "I'm sorry for that. I've never been much of a conversationalist. Would you like to let your parents know that you are ok?"

I flinch at that, "No. I'd rather not."

He looks at me with pity in his eyes, "Ah I see. The food will be here shortly. I'll leave you for the night. We'll talk about what happened in the morning."

I look down with my fists clenched, tears pricking at my eyes. I hear the door close, noting that Chiron has left. I lean back in my bed, trying to calm myself down. Soon after I hear a knock on the door. I say come in and a guy walks in with a plate of food. He places it on the table. I try to thank him but before I can, the door slams shut. Why? Why do people hate me? I sigh, pick up the food, and start to eat. The food was really good. There was brisket, mashed potatoes, and mixed veggies. Once I finished, I looked towards the clock and saw that it was 8:30. Jeez, it's late. I walk over to the sink and wash the dishes. I sit back on my bed and start to unwind. I let out a big yawn and decide to go to bed. I get ready for bed and turn off the lights. I pass out straight away and fell asleep.

The Next Morning

I shot up in bed breathing heavily, the nightmare of what happened yesterday replaying in my mind. I lean back in my bed and rub my eyes. Dang it. I was crying. As I finish wiping the tears away, Chiron comes in holding an orange shirt, a pair of shorts and running shoes, "Ah, you're awake. Here are some clothes for you to change into. Once you are done, meet me outside."