Ch 11: I Make a New Friend

I woke up the next day and did my morning routine. My strength and stamina has been increasing by a lot since I've been using my chakra more. The morning went by quickly and breakfast was good. I decided to treat myself and have some pancakes. Sword fighting was next on the agenda. I asked her teasingly, "Are you ready to get beat, Serena?"

She laughs at that, "In your wildest dreams Tamotsu. You still got a long way to go if you want to beat me."

I smirk at that, "You just wait and see."

I pull out my kunai and wait for Serena to get ready. She takes out her sword and we wait for the other to make a move. I dash in, and send a flurry of attacks her way. She blocks each one and starts to backpedal. She counterattacks and we start to trade blows. I jumped back to reassess the situation. She charges in and tries to stab my gut. I deflect it to the side and send a right punch towards her head. She blocks it and kicks me in the stomach. I dash back. Ok I got a plan. I run in and throw a kunai at her. I then grab 3 shuriken out of my back pocket that have string attached to them. As she blocks the kunai I am in front of her and jump over her, blocking the attack she sends at me. As I land, I throw the shuriken at her and trap her in it. I start to catch my breath. I can't believe it, I actually beat her. I walk up to her, keeping the string taut. I take out my sword and point it at her neck, "I think I won this one."

She laughs, "You got lucky, you won't win the other ones."

I release the tension, rewound the string, and put it back in my pouch. We spar a couple of more times and she ended up beating me. Next I had Greek mythology with Annabeth. She offered to teach it to me after last night. It was really awkward but I can tell she was trying to make up with what she did. Serena was surprised that we were actually doing something together, and not, you know, at each other's throat. Afterwards Serena came up to me, "What happened between you and Annabeth. I thought you guys hated each other?"

I sigh, "Well I never hated her, she was just an asshole. And last night she apologized for how she treated me. She gave a whole explanation but I don't feel like repeating it."

She smiles, "I'm glad you guys were able to work it out."

"I don't know if we'll ever be friends. After everything she's said..."

She silent for a second, "Well, only time will tell. It seems like she's sorry for it."

All of a sudden she gives me a quick hug, "I'm proud of you for being the bigger person. I know it couldn't have been easy."

I smile slightly at that, "Thanks Serena."

The horn blares for lunch and Serena grabs my hand and starts dragging me to the pavilion. I laugh a little and catch up with her. We make our way towards the mess hall. I grab food and sacrifice some to Hades, Mr. D, Hestia, and Hermes. As Serena and I sit down, I hear the clopping of hooves. I turn to see Valk come trotting in, "Valk what are you do- AH!"

She picks me up by my shirt. I hear Serena start to giggle next to me. I quickly grab my plate, "What are you doing?!"

She doesn't answer. She starts bringing me over to the Poseidon table and plops me down on the bench. Uh oh. I try to stand up and she lightly bonks me on the head. I rub my head and pout, "What the hell was that for?"

She chuffs and stamps her foot down. I glance at Percy who is just as dumbfounded as I am. I look toward Mr. D, waiting for him to say something, "Hey, don't look at me brat, I'm not arguing with that crazy horse."

I sigh, I sternly say, "I guess you get your wish, Valk, but we are having a talk later."

Valk starts to leave and I mutter, "You crazy pegasus."