Ch 23: Joining a New Team

It was the next morning and I just got up. I quickly got changed and made my way into the living room. I sat down next to Izumi and grabbed a slice of toast, "Good morning guys, when are we heading out."

Izumi looked at Itachi with a stern look. Uh oh, that can't be good. Itachi sighs and puts his cup down, "We'll be leaving after we eat. You'll be staying here."

I looked at him shocked and said quietly, "What do you mean?"

Izumi says, "We got a message from Tsunade last night that while we bring the documents back, you'll be staying here for the meantime as a representative of Konoha."

I slump in my chair, "You're telling me I have to stay in a village where everyone hates me?"

Izumi gives me a sad smile, "I'm sorry, Tamotsu. The beginning of an alliance is always fragile. It will be beneficial for both sides to have a representative here to help strengthen the alliance."

I sigh, "What am I going to have to do?"

Itachi answers, "You'll be maintaining all of the agreements involved in the alliance, as well as going on missions Isui sees fit."

I nod, can't be too bad, can it? I quickly finish eating and go put all of my stuff back into my room. It seems like I won't be leaving after all. Toothless comes up besides me and whines, bumping my side with his head. I smile slightly at him, "I know bud, just gotta make the most of it. At least I won't be totally alone here."

After I said that, I felt something land on my head and squawk. I grin and scratch Ryoko's head, "No, I didn't forget about you either, Ryoko."

I finished putting my stuff away and walked back out with Toothless right on my heels. I sat on the couch and waited for the other two to get out here. The two of them came out of their rooms and Itachi said, "Alright, we're heading out now."

I stood up, "I'll walk you two to the gates."

Itachi smiled slightly and Izumi said, "Come on you slow pokes, let's get going."

I grin, "Coming from you. I've been waiting for 10 minutes."

She waves off the comment and walks through the door. I shook my head and followed after her. We made our way through the palace, easily making our way to the exit. As we walked to the exit, Isui and Hiroka were standing there. Isui says, "As our guests, we'll walk you out."

Itachi nods, "That will be most appreciative."

We made our way through the village, making small talk with the Isui and Hiroka. We stopped by Ahma's restaurant on the way out, both Itachi and Izumi saying goodbye to the kind lady. We made our way through the village. Itachi and Isui shake hands and Itachi says, "Thank you for the hospitality over these past months. It has been greatly appreciated. We'll get these documents signed as soon as possible."

Isui nods, "You're welcome. Thank you for being patient with the negotiations. I know that they got dragged out. Hopefully this alliance is beneficial for both of us."

Izumi and Itachi finished saying goodbye and Isui and Hiroka stepped back. The two of them turn to me and Izumi says, "Goodbye Tamotsu. Try to stay out of trouble, will you? Don't worry, we'll try and get back as soon as possible."

She then hugs me. I stood there shocked before tentatively hugging her back. After a couple of seconds, she pulls out of the hug and says with a smile, "You'll do great, don't worry too much about it."

I smile back at her. Itachi steps forward and hands me a scroll, saying, "Here is the training regimen for you while we're gone. Don't be nervous about being on your own. Trust your gut, and your instincts."