Ch 28: Stuck Between Rocks and a Hard Place

On the way back from the dock, I saw Clarisse walk towards me. Oh geez, what does she want now? I started making my way towards her, "What's up?"

Clarisse quickly answers, "I need two questmates for the quest. I want you to be one of them."

I was shocked at first, why would Clarisse want me to join her? How would I keep my promise to Chiron then? I mean, I think this might be a bit more important. She sighs, "Listen, I know we aren't friends but this is for the best of the camp. I need the best of the best to help save it."

I snap out of my thoughts, "I'll help."

She looked surprised, "Oh."

I smirk, "Like you said, this is for the sake of the camp. I'll gladly put our differences aside for that."

She nods, "Ok, follow me."

We start walking towards the cabin, "How fast can you be ready to leave?"

I think for a second, "About fifteen minutes."

"Alright meet me by the sound in fifteen. We're leaving as soon as possible."

I made my way towards the forest. Once I arrived I quickly started packing everything I needed, making sure to utilize storage seals. I created a lot of clones while I was doing this to bolster the seals around camp. I wasn't going to be here for a while and the defenses needed to be secure. I made my way towards Long Island Sound with Toothless and Ryoko. I ended up having to wait a couple of minutes before hearing footsteps behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see both Clarisse and Serena walking towards me. I grinned towards Serena and she smiled back. Once they reach me I ask, "So this is the quest group huh? So what's the plan?"

Clarisse answers, "My dad is giving us a boat to use. We'll start sailing towards the coordinates once we get aboard."

I nodded at that. We waited a little bit longer before seeing a boat emerge from the water, "What the? Are those skeletons there?"

Clarisse smirks, "Yeah they are. The spirits on the losing side of every war owe a tribute to Ares. That's their curse for being defeated."

I muttered under my breath, "Note to self, don't lose a war and die."

Serena elbowed my side and I sent her a mock glare. We walked up to the boat. Clarisse asked one of the undead, "Are you the captain?"

He saluted, "Yes ma'am, at your service."

She handed him a paper, "Good, set sail right away heading towards these coordinates. We'll get settled into the bunks then come back up top."

The captain headed towards the controls and we went down under. We settled into the ship and started making our way towards the fleece.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

It was the next day and I was sitting on the bow of the ship meditating, sensing to see if there were any monsters nearby, it's been too quiet so far. I slowly started drifting away. My senses being dulled. I opened my eyes to see Lady Hestia floating in front of me, "Uh, hey Hestia, how'd you do this."

She laughs, "While you were meditating, I pulled at your consciousness to be able to talk to you."

I said flatly, "Huh."

Her face grows serious, "Now time for business, this quest is going to be dangerous, more dangerous than the last. I don't know what dangers you will have to face, but it will be difficult. Don't be afraid to use your shinobi skills should you need it."