Ch 18: The Rescue Mission

We were flying for quite some time. I made sure to keep an eye on the group below me just in case they stopped. They had to slow down for reasons unknown to me. They probably needed to get around some traps. After a while, I saw that they caught up with the people that took Sasuke. Oh shit, that's not good. The big guy trapped them into an earth jutsu, "Hey Toothless, if they don't get out in a couple of minutes, we're going to blast the big guy. Alright?"

He grunts in understandment. We waited a couple of minutes, hoping that they could get out on their own. I scowled, "Ok bud, let's get them out of there."

We gain some distance and turn around. Toothless starts speeding up and charging up a shot. I hug myself against his back, making us as slippery as possible. We get close and Toothless shoots off a powerful blast knocking the guy away from the earthen dome. We then make a loop and shoot another shot at the dome, making it crumble to bits. We land on the other side of the clearing. I see the others jump back towards me, gaining distance, "You guys alright?"

Shikamaru grunts, "Could be better. He was able to drain away our chakra."

"Good thing I got you guys out in time. What's the plan?"

Just as I say that, Naruto and Kiba charge forward, "Naruto! Kiba! You both need to stop! It's too dangerous to fight him head on, he's too strong for that. We need to outsmart him."

Naruto gets angry, "Then what the hell should we do?!"

I give Naruto a stern look, "You need to keep your composure Naruto. Getting all worked up won't help us at all in this situation."

The big guy grunts, and starts preparing a jutsu, "Annoying flies you all are. You are all merely my prey, though, you aren't even a small snack."

Shikamaru calls out, "Everyone watch out!"

Just as he says this, the big guy slams his hand down on the ground, causing it to split apart. As the ground settles, he disappears, "Where'd he go?"

Kiba sniffs, "Behind us!"

We turn around to see him lift up a giant piece of earth and throw it. Uh oh, Toothless and I fly up, avoiding the giant mass of earth. Toothless fires another shot at the big guy but he dodges the attack. Choji expands and charges into the boulder, destroying it. He hits the big guy but he just grabs him, bringing Choji to a halt. He throws Choji back towards Shikamaru. Shikamaru holds him and slides back. The four of us get ready to attack when Shikamaru yells, "Everyone, wait!"

We fly back a bit, waiting for Shikamaru to continue, "We need to split up. We have no time. If we all stay here we'll lose Sasuke. Neji, you'll act as co-leader. Take Kiba, Choji, and Tamotsu with you to chase after Sasuke. Naruto and I will take care of this guy."

He puts his hands together preparing for a jutsu. The big guy chuckles, "You'll think that pesky jutsu will work on me again? Such a useless move. One look at that and I know just how to deal with it. You make a terrible squad leader, thinking you could defeat me when you split up. All of you, just a bunch of buffoons, thinking you'll succeed."

I hear someone shout from behind me, "He's mine!"

I turn to see Choji standing with rage, "I'll take care of him. You guys go on ahead. Shikamaru, give these pills to everyone else."

Shikamaru's shocked, "Choji... you've got to be kidding me!"

Choji grins, "You think so? Don't worry, I've still got the secret weapon for myself."

"But... that's..."

Choji cuts him off, "Take everyone else and go!"

There were protests from everyone. Choji shuts them down, "What did we come here to do? If we lose track of Sasuke, we'll be just what Jiroubou called us."