Ch 5: I Go on a Quest

I woke up and saw that it was 6:30. I went to my morning routine and sat down for breakfast. I start thinking about the quest. I probably need to tell Mr. D about being sent on a quest, even if I can't tell him what it is. I'll tell him after breakfast. This is going to be bad. There is no way that both Hades' and Zeus's symbol of power are missing is a coincidence. Who would be able to steal both of them? And what is their motive? I get snapped out of my thoughts, "Hey Tamotsu, you seem deep in thought. Watcha thinkin about?"

Someone plops down beside me. I turn, seeing it's Serena, "Nothing important. Just thinking about a dream that I had last night."

We spend the rest of breakfast talking. She told me about capture the flag, which will be played this coming Friday. That sounds fun. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the quest before then. By the time breakfast is over, I say goodbye to Serena and go look for Mr. D. I go to the Big House and see him sitting on the porch drinking a... Diet Coke? "Hey, Mr. D, there's something I need to talk to you about."

"Well, spit it out Tobago."

I then told him as much as I could about the quest. He gets serious when I finish, "Mhmm. That is interesting. It must be important if the god behind it wants it to be secret. You will need to go see the Oracle. You will need to leave as soon as you can."

"Ok, I will, do you know where I can find the Oracle?"

"It's up in the attic. Now hurry up."

I give him a smile, "Thanks so much Mr. D!"

I then ran off to the attic. I walk up the ladder and at the back of the attic, I see a mummy sitting there with a Oracle Red Bull Racing shirt on. Huh, someone has a sense of humor. I walk up to the Oracle and ask, "How do I retrieve the item that's been stolen."

Cryptic. I know. Hey, there could be people listening. The Oracle open it's mouth and green smoke starts to come out. It spews out in a raspy voice,

"You shall go west and face the god who has turned,

The merchant and sorcerer shall steer you to the helmed,

Arms unite against the fallen god,

And a soldier is born through the fog."

What. The. Fuck. That is the creepiest thing that I have ever seen. I walk outside and back to Mr. D, "Tobago, what did the oracle say?"

I recited the prophecy but left out the word helmed, "Mhm. It seems that you have a doozy ahead of you brat. I suggest that you do not trust the merchant and the sorcerer, whoever they are, you got that?"

"Yes. Thanks for the tip Mr. D. I'm going to go get ready for the quest now."

I start to walk off, "Tamotsu."

I turn around, "Come back in one piece."

I give him a smile, "Will do."

He turns back into his normal demeanor, "Now get out of my sight brat. I've had enough of you."

I smirk at him and walk off. Well, there's really only one person who I would even consider taking on a quest with me. I go find Serena at the archery range with the rest of the Hermes cabin. I wait until she finishes, "Hey, Serena, I need to talk to you for a sec."

She walks over to me and asks, "What's up?"

I walk off to give us some privacy, "I got sent on a quest-"

"OH MY GOSH, THAT'S AMAZING!"

I put a hand over her mouth, "SSSHHH, quiet down. No one is supposed to know. I was wondering if you would want to go on the quest with me?"