-13-

Where am I?

Where am I?

I look around at the different buildings.

This doesn't look familiar. How far away from home am I?

I've tried asking people for help but they all just look at me weird or completely ignore me. Okay.

I walk into a random building and see people walking around with bags. I'm in a shop with smaller shops. Got it.

I put my hair up in a bun and make my way to a random place. People are looking through clothes.

No one is friendly. Well maybe someone is. Or maybe everyone is evil. Yeah, that's it.

Trust no one.

I look over to a couple. They're the only ones that are actually smiling here.

Wait what's that?

A blue pendant?

I look down at the palm of my hand where an orange pendant sits.

"Yeah, yeah," Scarlett waves her hand dismissively. "Give me that." She grabs the TV remote from my hands. We ended up falling asleep on the couch watching Stranger Things and had just recently gotten up.

I woke up on the ground next to the couch and Scar was wrapped in the blanket smiling in her sleep. She looked so peaceful.

I had to change that.

I violently shook her awake and now here we are, on the couch again, fighting like siblings on whether we should watch season 2 or a completely new show.

I wanted to watch something new. She was invested in the story.

"I just told you; I get to pick." I huffed.

"Just because you own this room doesn't mean you own the TV." She reasons while putting on the next season.

"But this is my TV." I mutter. Just then there's a knock on the door. "I'll be right back."

I make sure not to trip in the dark and make my way over to the door. When I open it I see my neighbor. "Hello." She greets.

"Hey, something wrong?" I ask while leaning against the door frame. She wraps herself tighter in her cardigan. "The power has gone out in the building, just letting you know that the landlord is giving out candles and has everyone in the lobby with heating packs in case you get cold."