-17-

We all move into the dining hall

We all move into the dining hall. Colby, Ash, and a few other unknown people sit on one of the tables in front of the stage. On the table in front of us lies a stick with a piece of cardboard attached to the end with the word "bid" on one side and "raise" on the other.

The same man who spoke in the center of the ballroom is now on stage with a black glittery stick.

"That's a cool mic." Colby murmurs next to me.

"What's a mic?" I ask while looking up at him. He looks back at me.

"That thing he's holding to speak into so everyone can hear better," he looks up to the man again. "Forgot Pristine doesn't have those."

"Welcome to the Food for the Poor's Bachelor Event!"

The crowd gives a loud applause.

In the corners of the room are more human world warriors keeping an eye on everyone. On the table next to ours I see Luciano, Santiago, and a few of the others I danced with. Three women are also seated with them, one being the pretty lady Ash danced with.

"For the following event, anyone who would like to go on a date with another in the room please make your way forward please. We will begin the bidding shortly."

A few people begin to go to the stage.

"Are you guys going to go on dates?" I ask Colby and Ash.

"I'm not, it's for a good cause and could be fun but... no." Colby whispers.

I turn to Ash and silently ask.

He shakes his head no.

"Should I go?"

Colby and Ash look at each other.

"I'll bid $1000 for you if you do." Colby says.

I shrug and get up from my seat. "Might as well have some fun before I go home."

I make my way towards the stage and write my name down. A few minutes later the man comes back and begins the bidding.

First up is Santiago. The person who bid first was Luciano.

The pretty lady raised his bid. Someone from a different table raised hers and so on.

In the end, Luciano won him.

A few other people went before me. When it was my turn, Colby started the bid like he said. Ashton raised his bid.

Does he even have money?

Then Colby raised him. Then Ash raised again.

After a while some more people from other tables raised them.

Pretty lady also ended up bidding for me. The winner at the end was the man with long blond hair who is dating his high school sweetheart.

At least he's nice. After the rest of the bidding, I go find him.