-03-

"Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone else, welcome to the coronation's warrior event!" New Queen Elenora, announced

"Today we have a few warriors as you have seen, walking around with hoods, ready to go head-to-head to see some new skills!"

The crowd erupts into cheers and hollers. I'm currently standing in an open area surrounded by others in hoods. Everyone has their weapons of choice, except bows and arrows. Swords and daggers are the main weapons since we can control it better. With a bow and arrow, it's straight for a kill shot and no one is trying to kill each other here.

All warriors get paired, and we begin to fight.

My body is sore.

We have been at this for almost an hour now. Several warriors have been defeated and they have removed their hoods. The relief I see on Randal's face every time someone removes their hood and sees it's not me makes me glad.

I duck the sword and roll out of the way. Now Randal can clearly see where I am since my daggers are visible to him.

I quickly go for a stab to the neck, not actually penetrating the skin but stopping right before, but they quickly move out the way. We circle each other for a bit while the crowd cheers us on. It's just us two.

I try to silence the crowd out and focus on the warrior in front of me.

I see them step up to me, so I quickly duck and kick the back of their knees making them fall forward. Before they can get up, I get behind them and put them in a headlock. I quickly tilt their head up and put my dagger on their throat.

The crowd cheers and I release my hold.

"And the winner of this year's fight is..." Queen Elenora waits.

The warrior and I remove our hoods and masks.

"Warrior, Scarlett Rose!" Queen Elenora announces.

The warrior and I shake hands and they make their way back into the audience.

"Would you like to do a small teaching on basic combat skills?" Elenora whispers.

"Sure."

"For anyone who would like to learn a few basic fighting skills, you're more than welcome to step forward and have Scarlett teach you some moves." She announces.