-35-

Gods my back

Gods my back.

My entire body aches.

I open my eyes and see I'm lying on the floor facing the ceiling. Rising up carefully, I wince feeling my back ache with the harsh fall. I look around and see I'm in the same house. The mirror is in the same place, everything is the same. Not really.

Only difference is that the windows are completely fine, the torches are lit making the room glow in a warm orange, the furniture is all uncovered, and it looks like someone is living here.

I get up completely and stretch out my back.

'I'm confused.'

'Me too.'

I quickly place my hand on the mirror, and I can't go through. Of course.

'What now?'

'Explore, I guess.'

I turn around and open the door to the room I was in. Everything is the same, structural wise, but livelier.

At the end of the hallway, I hear a voice. Someone is singing downstairs.

'Can it get any creepier?' Celeste hides her eyes behind her paws.

'Don't worry pup, I'm here.'

I go down the stairs as quietly as possible and hear the singing get louder. They're more cheerful. Hiding behind a wall I turn to glance into the kitchen where the person is. I see a mess of short brown wavy hair on their head moving due to them nodding their head back and forth to their singing. They have some apple slices on a cutting board and some food in the oven.

They move around their kitchen with an apron on and put on some oven mitts. The timer on the oven makes a ding sound and they take out the food.

It's an apple pie.

They turn around and spot me peeking in. Their mismatched eyes grow wide while placing a hand over their heart and the other on the counter.

"Gods!" He lets out and breathes heavily. "Scarlett," he breathes and then their breath hitches. "Wait, Scarlett?"

"Blake."