-37-

Everyone is cleaning up the apartment for Chester's arrival today

Everyone is cleaning up the apartment for Chester's arrival today. We have no idea if he has already landed or is still in Pristine, but he should be here by the end of today. We might have to go search for him in town, but we will find him.

I turn to look at Nate. He's leaning against the wall with his hands in the pockets of his pants listening to the group argue about the burnt couch and how they should hide it. His eyebrows raise slightly while amusement dances around in his eyes. His head tilts slightly to the side and his eyes go distant while he thinks.

After a few seconds, he comes back to the conversation and shifts into a more comfortable position against the wall. He finally turns to look around the room when his eyes fall on me. He wets his lips and gives me a small smirk.

'That was hot, do it again.'

Nate furrows his eyebrows and narrows his eyes slightly at me. What did I do?

He raises an eyebrow at me in question, takes his hands out of his pockets, and crosses them against his chest.

'He's so hot! We scored! We did good! Good job Scarlett! Pat on the back!' Celeste yaps while rolling on the ground.

Nathaniel smiles and it slowly begins to turn into a full-on grin, but he puts his fist up to his mouth and quickly takes a look back at the group.

'I need a hug from those strong arms-'

'Okay there wolfie, calm down.' I interrupt.

Nathaniel pushes off against the wall and walks towards me. He engulfs me in his arms and pulls me tightly against him making me feel the small vibration of his low chuckle.

"Hey baby." He coos. "What's going on in there, hmm?" He taps the side of my head.

"Nothing." I murmur while taking in his scent.

"You guys!" Kristen yells at us. "What do we do?!" She cries out while throwing a blanket over the burnt spot. "Does that look natural?" She says while stepping back to view the couch as a whole.

"That looks good, sweetheart. Don't stress it." Ashton says while giving her lips a quick peck and walking back into the kitchen with the garbage bin.

Kristen stands there dumbfounded and raises her hand to touch her mouth gently with wide eyes. She finally snaps out of it, and she shakes her head. "Did," she turns to us and points between the kitchen and her mouth.

Colby begins to laugh behind her. "You look shocked there."

"I am," she breathes out. "It's like when he told me might be in love with me at the carnival." She whispers.

'Say what?'

"What?" The three of us say. Ashton comes back into the room and looks around.

"The place looks good." He smiles, resting his hands on his hips. "What do you guys think?"