Part 19

I tried opening the door but failed, I think it could only be unlocked from the outside. Killian started stirring and mumbling words I couldn't understand so I moved closer to him. His eyes started opening a bit. "Erinna, you're here?", he said then blinked rapidly as if he was trying to force them to open all the way through. "You remember me?", that was all I could say considering I never thought I could ever see him again. "Of course, I remember you, I've been looking for you for a long time", he said while furrowing his brows.

He looked like he was in pain. "You need to r-", The door was opened with force and I was pulled out of the van by a bear, I screamed making Killian struggle to reach me but failed because he couldn't even move. The bear sniffed me and when it was satisfied, it put me on his back and started running to the forest. I held on to its fur hoping that I wouldn't fall with my eyes closed the whole time. 

When he stopped, I opened my eyes and was in front of a burning barn. I was back at the Bears' Pack. "Rina!", Ryker called me and as if on instinct, I got down from the bear's back and started running towards him. "You're ok, thank goddess... Thank you Ronan", he said to the bear then turned and started inspecting me like I was a child.

"I'm fine Ryker", I said assuring him. He nod his head and then pulled me to his chest. "Check for any survivors, the sooner we get this done the better", Ryker said to the bear that brought me, it nod its head and went behind the tree returning a few minutes later as a man dressed in combat trousers. He was huge, I guess that is the main identifier of bears.

"Erinna?", someone called me during the pack meeting. I turned to where the voice was coming from and there she was, Pauline. My sister. "You know her?", Ryker asked, before I could answer. The man who rescued me stood up in front of the crowd and everyone went silent.

"Good evening, I believe we've all witnessed what hunters can do firsthand tonight and I want to remind each and every one of you how fortunate we are to have survived yet again. We also thank the Royal Guards for offering a helping hand on such short notice, we are always in your debt. I repeat, if you see anything out of the ordinary you must report it immediately. You're dismissed", he finished and people scattered, no doubt returning to their homes. 

"This has been a long night", Ryker said burying his nose in the crook of my neck. "That tickles", I said with a giggle but he didn't care, he went on with his thing. "Who was that woman?", he asked making me remember that I saw my sister. "My sister", I said shortly. I didn't know if I should be happy to see her or angry. She was alive and didn't even bother looking for me, did she even try? It was hard to figure it out. 

"Hey... you need me to call for her?", Ryker asked. "Yes please", I replied as he pulled me into the Alpha's house. We found the man who rescued me sitting with the most adorable babies I've ever seen.

"Ronan, apologies for intruding in your family time. Rina would like to see one of your pack members... it's her sister", Ryker said just when one of the babies crawled to my feet. I picked her up and tickled her tummy which made her giggle. When my eyes returned to Ryker, he had a smile on his face. As for Ronan and the woman next to him, they were just shocked. I figured it was because I took their child without permission.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hold her without your permission", I rushed to defend myself making them smile. "That's not a problem. It's just that, she never wants anyone to carry her and that was her first giggle... since she was born", the woman said. "What? Oh! Is that normal? I mean that's...", I ended there because my eyes met her tiny ones and she gave me a toothy grin which made my chest warm. Ryker came and stood next to me.

"Mildred has the same effect on children, I guess she just recognised her Princess", he said while putting his finger on her tiny hand which she held with another giggle. 

"So, what's your sister's name?", Ronan asked as his wife took the baby away, leaving us to speak in the living room. "Pauline", I said with a hard swallow. "Oh, her... I guess you share the same past then? Why didn't she leave with you?", he asked sounding curious.

"What do you mean?", I asked feeling confused. "Your sister and her mate came to seek refuge in my pack after the war between the Rogue Alpha and Hunters. She claimed that she didn't mean to cause a war, she just wanted the rivalry to end. Her mate was one of the commanders in the Rogue Pack's army, the most trusted one might I add. She claimed that when she found out about the experiments on supernaturals she told her mate, and he instructed her to give them the blueprint along with who was leading the operations. When she did, the Rogues attacked the hunters. Her and her mate fled the war zone ending up on my border".

When he finished my body was shaking but I was thankful that Ryker was there to keep me calm. "Let me call them", he stood up and then went to grab his phone to make the call. 

I stood up the moment the door opened, and when my eyes fell on hers I rushed towards her and started hitting her with all the strength I could master, she didn't fight back, she just stood there and kept saying she was sorry. Her mate growled at me, extending his claws, I went and stood right in front of him.

"You want to kill me? Kill me! Your mate already did the moment she told you about Anthropoid and left me behind so finish the job already!", I shouted making his eyes soften.