Part 15

Ryker's POV

What the hell? I was not expecting that. 

I looked at Erinna who had no idea that she was crying while telling me about her past and all I could think of was, how she was able to survive this long. I've seen pack members do crazy shit to their omegas and most of them died because they couldn't endure the torture and pain, yet here she was my mate... a human and if someone was to tell you, she went through all that, you wouldn't believe her because she looked happy. She was practically glowing when I laid eyes on her at Olympus. 

Before I could process my actions, I pulled her to my chest and hugged her as tight as I could hoping that she would feel how important she was to me. 

I didn't know what I was expecting when she told me, she wanted to talk. I thought she would start telling me that she was not enough for me because she was human. I even prepared myself on how I would say romantic shit and she would fall for it just like Mildred told me, 'girls love a romantic guy...so when you meet her make sure you say she's beautiful'. Yap, I remember the pep talk as if it happened yesterday. 

'Ryker, she needs us more than we thought', my dragon said. 'I know buddy', 'Are you even cut out for this? I think we should let Spike take this one', my Vampire said making me roll my eyes at him. 'I'm game if you are', my werewolf said making me release a breath. The act made Rina pull back and sniff, trying to avoid my eyes but I didn't let her.

I turned her beautiful chubby face to me and wiped her tears away. "I'm sorry. I ruined your shirt", she said trying to dry it with her tiny hand, 'man! she has amazing fingers, imagine having those around our co-', 'Shut up Renzo!', I hissed at my Vampire. 'Sorry', 'You better be'. "Are you ok? Your eyes keep changing like something is wrong, are you mind linking someone?", she asked inspecting my eyes.

"No, Don't worry about it, one of my beasts got a little excited that's all", my answer made her eyes even bigger and they were the cutest things I have ever seen. "Beasts?", she asked and I realised, she probably never met a hybrid before. "Well yes, I uh... I'm a hybrid, and so is Abe", I explained and I knew I just created more questions than answers so I smiled. 

"Thank you for telling me about your past Rina. It means a lot to me that you trust me with that kind of information", I said holding onto her hands, admiring how perfectly they fit into mine. "So can we do it now?", she asked with a shaky voice. "Do what?", I asked not knowing what she meant. "The rejection process. I mean, Ryker... You're a Prince, you can't be with someone like me it's not good for your image", she said trying to pull her hands away from me. It made me chuckle, "Rina... Why would I do that?", I asked hoping that she had another valid explanation that I could work with. "Because I'm broken, I... I'm not good for you", she said looking genuinely confused. 

"Listen to me and listen to me very well Little one. I don't care what other people think about you. What I care about is you... my mate. If anyone tells me to choose between the pack and you, I want you to know that I will choose you in a heartbeat. I've waited for you for three hundred years, and I'm not about to lose you because of an ugly past or something that you had absolutely no control over.

In my eyes you're perfect and again I won't lose you. Not now not ever. The moon goddess gave me you for a reason and I will not refuse her gift even if you begged me to, you got that?", I said looking at her. She was looking at me like I grew two heads.

"You're three hundred years old?", she asked making me chuckle. Waoh! That's the only part that she caught so much for romantic stuff. "Yes, is that a deal breaker Little one?", I teased making her furrow her brows. "No, it's just weird you look young to me", she said inspecting my tattoos.

"Good. It's late, let's get you to bed", I said standing up while pulling her up with me. We walked back to the castle quietly, I thought of how I was going to do everything in my power to make her happy. It excited me, but first things first, I had to take her to Olympus then shopping and definitely get her a phone.

After taking a shower, I felt her side of the bed dip, which made me turn to look at her as she slept nervously. I pulled her to my chest feeling the sparks, and my beasts purred. "Ryker?", she called my name in the most soothing voice ever. "Yes?", "I'm scared", she said making me pull back enough to lift her chin so that I could see her face. "Why Little one?", I asked hoping to see the answers through her eyes. "Because Chase chose his pack over me, he didn't want to but he had to... for his mother and sister. Even though I don't blame him. It still hurts that he didn't pick me you know?", she said with too much sadness. 

I hated seeing her that way. 'She needs to forget about him', Renzo stated the obvious making Spike huff in annoyance something he always did when Renzo said something stupid. "Look, how about we forget about the past and just focus on the here and now huh? Let's just pretend that you didn't go through anything and I'm just a forty-year-old who fell in love with a very curvy bartender from Olympus. Do we have a deal Little one?", I asked with a huge smile hoping that she would agree and finally give me a chance to make her happy. 

She looked like she was trying to analyse the deal, with her brows furrowed and her nose twitching. "I really don't know because it's hard to forget three hundred years just like that", she said with a mischievous smile which surprised me but made me laugh at the same time. I think Milly will be proud of my accomplishment.