Part 29

We had just returned from seeing baby Blade when we decided to watch a movie before freshening up. I was about to snuggle into Ryker's side when there was a decent knock on the door. He released a frustrated breath and went to open the door.

"You're still here?", he complained then stepped aside. I turned to see Chase looking worried. "What's wrong?", I asked standing up. "Mum was attacked by hunters. I have to go", he said and I felt my chest tighten at the thought of Renee fighting for her life. "We're coming with you", I said rushing to our bedroom.

"You're not going anywhere", Ryker said making me turn to look at him. "What?... Ryker, I'm going and it's your choice, you can either come with me or stay out of my way because his mother was there for me when everyone turned their backs on me. I can't just ignore this", I said stuffing random clothes in one of his duffle bags. "Fuck! Fine, I'm coming with you", he said then mind-linked someone.

He went on to help me finish packing. 'Thank you baby', I said testing the mind link. 'You know I would do anything for you Little one. No need to thank me', he replied then smacked my ass cheek making me yelp. "Wait... I did it!", I said while jumping with excitement. "Yes you did", he said with a smile then pulled me to his chest, making sure there was no distance between us then kissed the hell out of me.

"Are you sure about this? You know Velma will cause trouble", Chase asked when we were en route. I was not sure but I trusted Ryker and I knew he was not going to allow anything to happen to me and that was good enough for me. "Don't worry about me. Only Renee", I said with an encouraging smile.

I squeezed Ryker's hand making him turn to look at me. His red eyes looked into mine as if digging into my soul. 'I will not let anything happen to you Little one', he assured me through the mind-link, 'I know... I love you', I said with a smile making him look at me with shock then a huge smile decorated his face. Yeah, I have never said that to him before so I get why it was a big deal for him.

"Oh, Chase. They came out of nowhere and just attacked us", Cleo said while crying, Chase held her protectively as she sobbed. I looked behind her and saw Renee hooked to machines that I had never seen before and something told me to make myself known, "H-hi Cleo". Cleo pulled back and her eyes landed on mine then Ryker then back to me. She pulled me in a hug and started crying harder.

"They told me what happened, I should have gone with you. I should have protected you. I'm so sorry", she said between sobs making me hold her tighter. "It's ok, I promise. We will get through this... Oh, Cleo, I missed you", I told her making her smile as I wiped the tears away. 

Her eyes moved to a quiet Ryker. "That's Ryker, he is my mate and the C-", she interrupted me. "The Captain of the Royal Guard and the Alpha King's brother", I was looking at her with a blank face wondering how she knew all that. "He is all over Instagram", she said with a giggle. "I am?", he finally spoke making me smile. "Yes, especially gossip accounts", she said making him even more curious. "You can't be serious", he said walking closer to us. "I am, you are on the sexy bachelor list too, not that it's a surprise looking like you do. I'll shut up now and just show you", she said pulling out her phone and showing him the pages. I allowed her to feed his ego turning my attention to Renee. 

Chase was holding her hand. Her breathing was normal so I knew she was going to be ok. Something told me to walk closer to her and I did. I held her hand and black veins started appearing from the bandaid wound coming to the palm of her hand and got transferred to mine. They disappeared making me gasp as she opened her eyes.

"Erinna?", she asked with a hoarse voice but I could not master any words. Cleo rushed to the bed and started examining her when she removed the bandaid and there was no wound. "Uh! What just happened?", she asked and I was still processing. Chase was looking at me like I had two heads. Cleo was looking at me confused and so did Ryker. 

"She healed her", Chase said making me snap my eyes at him. "What?", Cleo and Ryker asked at the same time. "She took the poison from her wound and it disappeared in her body along with any wound that Mum had, I saw it", he said looking at me like I was some kind of miracle.

Ryker turned me towards him, my face between his hands. "Rina, tell me what happened", he said soothingly making my heartbeat steady. "I just touched her hand and I saw black veins coming from her wound then hand and they transferred to mine, that's all. I don't understand this Ryker. What's happening to me?", I asked and saw him mind-linking someone, no doubt it was Abe. 

"Abe thinks you have some healing powers. What attacked you?", he asked Renee. "It was a human that's for sure but the strength he had was unreal. It tore a transformed wolf with its bare hands. I have never seen anything like it. It killed the warriors and scratched me then left me for dead", Renee explained looking terrified.

"I found rogues a couple of days ago, their pack was destroyed by humans with similar abilities. We need to go back, Rina. I need to get to the bottom of this. Are the warriors' bodies still in the morgue?", He asked Cleo who nod. "Chase can you take them somewhere safe?", he asked and when Chase agreed, Ryker pulled me in a deep kiss not caring that there were people in the room with us. I could not stop myself from moaning which made Cleo whistle.

"I need me a Prince too", she said making me smile into the kiss and push Ryker away. "Mind-link me as soon as you smell trouble... I said smell not see, got it?", he said and I nod watching him leave with Cleo.