Part 34

The guards busted into my room while I was enjoying a peaceful sleep with the TV still on. "Your Majesty, we're under attack, you need to come with us to the bunker", one of them said making me wake up fast and put my shoes on.

"Where's Ryker?" I asked because I fell asleep on the sofa while waiting for him. He told me, he was an hour away from the pack. "He's helping the rest of the pack members to the panic room. Please come with us, he will join once everyone is secure", they explained as we rushed down the stairs. The moment my foot touched the last staircase the front door exploded and I felt my back hitting something behind me and lost consciousness.

"We didn't know she was within the blast radius", someone pleaded. "If she dies I swear to you, I will have your heads", another barked. "I take full responsibility", the man said.

"Erinna come back to me", someone said making me open my eyes. I thought I would see Ryker but it wasn't him. Killian was looking at me with a huge smile. He kissed my forehead, his lips staying there a little longer than a friend would but I figured it was not the right time for me to say anything.

"I'm sorry it took me this long to find you", he said then kissed my forehead again. I was stunned so I just kept staring at him. "I've been going through different packs ever since they took you that day. I never gave up, Doctor Eleanor wouldn't want me to give up. Welcome home Erinna", he said with his fingers running through my cheek.

A few days passed, and I was still not allowed to get out of bed unless it was for a bath. They kept telling me the 'boss' requested for me to rest. One quiet morning a doctor walked in after I took a shower and said I was ok so I could be discharged. Before I did anything Killian walked in. "Sir, I've arranged for her transport", the doctor said and it was like she was afraid of him. "It's ok, she's coming with me", he replied then walked up to me. He was taller and buff than I remembered it was weird seeing him so mature.

"Like what you see?", he asked bringing me out of a trance. "What?", I asked confused by what he meant. "You were checking me out so, I wanted to get your feedback. Do I meet your expectations Erinna?", he asked with a deeper voice making me pull back. "I wasn't checking you out. I just didn't expect you to be this... grown", my answer made him chuckle. 

Men were waiting for us when we arrived at what looked like his mansion, they bowed their heads and opened the door for us. "Welcome home", he said as we walked into the gigantic house. It was quiet and full of servants. He called one of them to direct me to the room that was prepared for me. It was pink and too childish for my taste. "I will give you a moment to freshen up. I will be back in an hour", he said then kissed me on the cheek.

'Ryker?', I decided to try the mind link when Killian left. 'Fuck! Rina, where are you? I've been looking for you for weeks', he asked sounding worried and I could feel his panic. 'What do you mean weeks? I just woke up a few days ago and found myself in a hospital. How long have I been gone?', I asked trying to recall things but nothing came to mind. 'Five weeks', he said with hesitation, 'Oh god... I'm scared Ryker, he's acting weird', I said forgetting that he didn't know who I was with. 'Who?', he asked sounding angry and I knew, I just turned on his warrior mode.

'Killian, he is their leader... We grew up together. His father was the founder of Anthropoid, I think he is running it now', I explained. 'Ok, here is what I want you to do. Memorise everything you see and tell me. We'll come as soon as we figure out where your location is. I'm coming to get you, Rina. I love you', he said with desperation. 'I love you too Ryker, please be careful', I said then went to take a shower. I wondered what Killian was up to.

When I got out of the bathroom I found him sitting on the bed waiting for me. He had clothes in his hands, he handed them to me but held on as if inspecting me and that was when I noticed his eyes studying my mark. "Who did this to you?", he asked angrily. "My mate", I answered slowly. "I'm so sorry, I will fix this Rina. I will fix all of it", he said with determination. "What are you talking about? Why are you doing this Killian? What happened to you?", I pleaded and he looked at me like I was confused.

"I found out the truth. They killed my Mum. They're the reason I grew up without her", he said angrily. "Killian you're hurting me", I said making him look at my arm. He pulled back but his arm was still shaking, then I saw his nails. They were so black like they were painted that way. "Killian did you inject it on yourself?", I asked trying to hold his hand but he pulled away. "Your Mum's death didn't leave any room for having notes Erinna, someone had to do it", he said turning his back towards me. "Put some clothes on then we'll talk", he said then left.

I got dressed and then waited on the bed for him. He walked back in dressed casually finally looking like the boy I had a crush on ages ago. He took me to the kitchen where the servants placed food on the table for us. They were looking at me all weirdly. "Why are they looking at me like that?", I asked Killian who only smiled. "You're kind of a big deal here with your Mum and Dad being legends and me being obsessed with you", the last part made me choke on the juice I was drinking. I heard the servants giggling from the hallway, eavesdropping... how shocking.

"Erinna I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember so don't act surprised", he said with his nose going all red. He was blushing. This is not happening. "What about my sister?", I asked with shock. "Well, some idiot told me the only way I could get close to you was if I pretended to like Pauline. It worked cause I got to be friends with you but I wanted more. I couldn't get it because you thought I was into your sister", he explained leaving me frozen. This was not how I pictured any of this.