Part 26

Ryker's POV

I released my aura as I approached the commotion at the entrance of the castle. "What's going on here?", I asked looking at Ethal who looked pissed. "Alpha Donavan wishes to see the King but refused to say why", she said looking at him with rage. I turned to him and before I could say anything he sniffed me. "You smell like her. Where is she?", he demanded. Smell like who? Oh shit! "What is your full name Alpha?", I asked keeping my cool. "My name is Alpha Chase Donavan of River Fall Pack and I demand to see Erinna McLean", he said with so much confidence that made me admire his courage. 

I smiled, feeling like entertaining him. "Of course, take him to the throne room Ethal, we will join him there and if my brother is free, he can join in too", I smirked at the fact that he almost shit himself when he found out I was the Prince. His facial expression was priceless.

This should be an interesting day. 

I went back to the SUV finding a curious Rina looking at me. I think I've let her hang around Mildred too long. That woman knows everything that happens in the castle. I don't even know when she gets time to do that. She's the Queen!

"What's going on? Who was it?", she asked while taking my hand and getting out of the car. "I think it's your guest Little one", I replied letting her walk in front of me. 

I've no idea what happened last night but I feel different... powerful and invincible. I need to go test myself on the battleground after this charade is over. I instructed the guards who were helping us with the shopping bags to take them to our room as we went to the throne room. 

We found Abe, Ethal, and Chase waiting for us.

"Rina, do you know this man?", Ethal asked looking impatient. She furrowed her brows inspecting him and the moment she recalled who it was her eyes went wide with shock. She ran out of my hands and into his arms.

'What the fuck!', 'Breathe Spike, trust our mate', Brenton said keeping the rest of us in line because we also had the same thinking as Spike... just covered it up better. "Chase! What are you doing here? How are Cleo and Renee?", she asked with a huge smile on her face but the poor pup didn't return it. My mark was unique and there was no way he was going to miss that. So, I folded my hands in front of my chest observing him. 

"You're marked?", he asked looking hurt. "Uh, yeah... That's Ryker, he is my second chance mate", she said excitedly making me smile at her the moment her eyes met mine.

Man! there's nothing I wouldn't do for this woman. 

"Alpha Donavan, you crossed my territory without my permission and attacked the Royal Beta, I think it's time for you to explain yourself or I will be forced to discipline you how I see fit", Abe used his Alpha command on him making Chase pull back from Erinna and bow his head in submission. "My deepest apologies Your Majesty. I've come to collect my mate", he said with his head still facing the ground. "May I know what you mean?", Ethal asked making me smile. 

"Erinna McLean is my mate Your Majesty and I want her back. I made a mistake and chose my pack over her, I was wrong. I love her and I'm nothing without her. I want her back... I need her back", he pleaded and I almost felt bad for the guy.

"As you can see, she's already marked by my brother, to get her back you have to challenge him for her, and he has to submit to you. Is that something you're willing to do Alpha Donavan? Are you willing to challenge the Prince and Captain of the Royal Guard for the mate that you rejected at your own will?", Abe asked with his eyes on me. I smirked at him. I always love a challenge.

'If he says yes, I need you to refuse the challenge. I don't want blood spilled today, he clearly looks lost ', he said through the mind-link making me roll my eyes. 'What a buzz kill', I said but agreed in the end. "I... I...", he couldn't finish the sentence. 

"Your Majesty, may I have a moment alone with him? Please...", Rina asked with her hand on his shoulder. She was feeling pity for him, I felt it through the bond. They had a history it was good for them to get closure. "It depends, does your mate consent to it?", Abe asked and they all turned to me.

Her eyes met mine, 'Ryker please, he is just lost and confused', she mind-linked me and if it was any other moment I would have high-fived her but now all I wanted to do was kill Romeo in the room. "Sure", I said then walked away. It was time for sparring anyways. 

I went to the battlegrounds and started running laps and man, I was faster than I ever thought possible. I did some lifting and when I settled in front of a punching back it felt like a piece of cake. "Uh... Ryker", Abe called and when I turned to him, he was looking at me like he saw a ghost. I turned to the mirror and my eyes were glowing red. I smirked then made a final punch and the next thing I know the punching bag is flying past the barrier wall. 

"Uh... can you try jumping?", he said as if he was trying to prove something and when I did, I found myself so high that I panicked and had to shift into Brenton before landing on the ground perfectly.

"Well look at you... you have evolved", he said and that was when I noticed my dragon claws were no longer black, they were white as snow and when I slashed a tree that was next to me it not only went down in pieces, it froze. Brenton turned his big head towards Abe. He was holding a pair of shorts in his hands. I shifted back into my human body noticing that my beasts were not as chatty as they always are.

I guess they were also trying to understand what was happening. "What a special mate you got there", Abe teased with a chuckle as we returned to the castle.