Part 38

"What plans?", Cleo asked and instead of answering Gamma tried to run only to bump into Ronan at the door. "Don't let him escape", Ryker said while getting out of bed then started putting his clothes on.

"What's going on here? Put him down Ronan!", Abe said walking in with Chase, Arthur, and Velma. "My apologies your Majesty but I can't do that", he said pointing at Ryker who was now fully dressed.

"Ryker!", Abe said in a warning tone.

"Brother, I think it's only fair if he speaks for himself... tell us mut! Why were you running?", he asked with his eyes glowing ruby red.

Gamma looked terrified.

"Look, I'm a very fair man. If you tell us the truth I'll let you go", he urged clearly bating him. I knew he was too stupid to notice the difference. "The man is scared of you, can you please let him go?", Velma pleaded looking nervous.

Abe sniffed the air and then smirked. "As your King, I command you to answer him", Abe's voice boomed and everyone's head bowed in submission. Well, all except for a smirking Ryker and me, for obvious reasons.

"I-i-i'm responsible for hijacking the Princess's car when Ronald was taking her to the Vampires for refuge. I hired the men who killed him and tortured her", he said with tears. Ronan's body tensed making him squeeze tighter.

"Wait! Who told you to do it?", Chase interfered before Ronan could finish him. "What?", he asked with a shaky voice. "I've known you for years. You don't have that kind of hate in you, who made you do it?", Chase asked walking closer to him, his eyes black as night. I'd never seen him that angry before. He had given control to Hunter.

"No one... i-i-i swear", he said struggling to get out of Ronan's hold. "Do you want me to command you again pup?", Abe threatened, making Gamma shake his head but still said nothing.

"Beta and Luna", he said the moment Hunter's claws sinked into his shoulder.

"He's lying, I would never do that to you man", Arthur said walking backward. When Hunter huffed, he made a run for it but was hit by the door as someone entered.

"Uh... is it a family meeting cause we can come back later", Greg said looking at the crowd. He got a smack on the back of his head from Hades who pushed him into the room.

"Sorry we're late to the party", he said with a raised brow then sniffed the room, his eyes wandering around until they settled on Cleo. A faint smile appeared on his face. I knew what that meant so I held my giggle.

Finally, my two favourite people, thank you moon goddess.

"We should take this to my office", Chase said dragging Velma and Arthur with him. "I think you should come with me, this does concern you a tiny bit", Ryker told Greg right after he kissed my forehead.

They left me and Cleo behind.

She looked nervous. "Did I see what I think I needed to see or is he really your mate?", I asked making her blush. "He's huge... and intimidating and an Alpha of Vampires. What am I going to do?", she asked handing me some clothes that I didn't see her come in with.

"First of all, Breathe", I said making her release a breath. I put on some leggings and Ryker's shirt that appeared to be the best dress shirt for me. I sat next to her panicking frame and reached for her hands. She calmed down instantly.

"How did you do that?", she asked in shock. "Well, I was told that all women in the Royal family can calm people down and motivate them... Cleo, you're an amazing woman and you deserve happiness, you should embrace it because you finally have a mate now, and let me tell you, he's amazing", I assured her.

"How do you know that?", she asked curiously. "He was my boss for years so I got a chance to spend time with him. And he's Greg's brother", I said the last part with a smile. "No way!! Greg is so much fun and he is just... him", she said looking more confused. "His name is Hades", I said with a wink and watched her face light up. With that reaction, I knew they were going to be just fine.

'Rina come to Chase's office please', Abe mind-linked me. I hated this part. When they left me with Cleo I was happy because I had a bad feeling about the whole Gamma thing. I knew Arthur didn't like me and Velma too but I didn't want to find out who was really behind the attack. I just wanted to put everything behind me or leave it to Ryker to finish it but here I was, walking to Chase's office and all I could think of was, the day I walked into them making out. I had no idea I was trembling until Cleo held my hand.

When we walked in, Velma and Arthur were kneeling by the wall with Ronan standing next to them, he looked pissed. "Yes, your Majesty", I said standing by the door. "Talk Velma!", Abe said making me turn to Velma. She was sobbing so hard.

"I'm so sorry Erinna. I was just insecure and I knew Chase loved you and I just couldn't stand it so when Arthur found me crying and offered to take care of it I accepted. I didn't ask any questions", she said and my eyes turned to Arthur who was looking at the ground. "Arthur?", I called making him look up. "Did I ever offend you or say something that made you hate me enough to want me dead?", I asked, instead of answering he bowed his head in shame.

He released a breath.

"No, you were just not good enough... I know it wasn't your fault but it's my job to make sure that the pack gets what they deserve... a perfect Luna", he said still looking at the ground. Chase stood up clearly shaking, I wanted to stop him but Ryker pulled me back. I didn't even notice him next to me.

'Let him have it Little one. He needs it', he mind-linked me making me nod. "You decided what was right for my pack without telling me? You sent people to kill Erinna because you thought you were doing your job?", he asked Arthur making him look up. "Yes. I am the Beta and you already chose Velma, she was going to be a distraction", he said confidently.