Chapter 21

*two weeks later*

JULIANA'S POV

"Hey where is DeLuca and Karev?" I asks Shepherd. Both of us  have been working on the project in the lab all day, and currently stuck for figuring out a certain process. Shepherd looks up from her computer,

"I'm not entirely sure, although there is a party at Avery's place for Catherine's surgery."

"Will you be going?" I ask looking back at her.

"Owen and I will, Brittany and Leo have left our house so going to this will be a little different since there's no kids with us. You should come, you're a department head after all." Shepherd gathers her things.

"I'm not too familiar with them, is this today?" I ask. I'm not too certain I should go, it seems quite weird to go when I have no relation to them.

"Yeah tonight, I'll send you the address if you decide to come. I have to meet Owen so I'll be heading out." She says walking towards me. We linger eye contact. Her blue eyes are like ocean waves. I forget what I should answer,

"Well, I- I will maybe see you there" I smile. I tap on the lab table.

"Cool" she walks out of the skills lab. I also gather my stuff and clean up the lab a bit.

After I change out of my scrubs, I realize that these clothes may not be suitable for a house party. I walk to the hospital lobby and bump into Jo.

"Oh hey, Julie, are you going to the party?" She asks, already well dressed. "I don't have any good clothes on me. Although Shepherd did invite me." She gives me a teasingly look, I roll my eyes, "no not like that, she insisted that all department heads should come."

"Mm sure, well I have a change of clothes in the car, I couldn't decide which so I brought both, I'm sure there's something there..." she trails off and her eyes are at another older woman. She walks to her and greets her, I hear something about Alex and the party. I'm guessing this woman is going too. Jo signals me to follow them out of the hospital.

———

We get to the apartment door, and Avery answers,

"Hey, welcome, come on in-"

"Can you grab Alex for me?" Jo interrupts,

"Can I? Grab?" Jo gives him a glare, "fine."

"I'm just gonna head in." I say to Jo and Alex's mother. They nod and I head in as Alex passes by me. I look around the apartment, it is very beautiful. Avery really does have taste. I head to the bar and ask for tequila. Andrew comes up from behind,

"Hey, I didn't know you'd be here." I turn to him, he signals the bartender two more of whatever he was having.

"Shepherd said I should come. Although I don't know why you're here? Are you close with Catherine or Avery?" He gets handed his drinks,

"Oh no, I'm here with Meredith." I give him a surprised look.

"You and Grey? When did that happen?" I take a sip, he chuckles, "it's very new, a week or so."