Chapter 2

CARINA'S POV
God why? Why was the best thing for her child the worse for me? Couldn't she just.... I don't know leave her with her ex wife? I mean I'm no good with children. But I actually thought my relationship with Arizona was actually gonna go for more than 3 months. Perché? Non mi colpa.

So now I'm hitting Joe's .... I mean what day is it? I've had 2 sick days now. The corner of my eye I see someone in a Navy uniform.

As she sits beside me she greets me, "Hey"
I just nod and take a quick glimpse at her. Wavy but straight hair, light brown eyes with a good nice tan color. She's not that bad. I mean I'm not looking for a rebound or a one night stand.

She orders one shot of scotch and I keep drinking my wine. I try to look at her name tape on her uniform... B...b-a-r... damn it-

"So.. what's a lady like you drinking... um wine?" She says suddenly. I guess I should start a conversazione.

"Hm well my ex girlfriend did something that was the worse for me but best for her daughter." I say emotionless.

"Well I mean people put their children first, been there done that." She scoffs and she drinks the rest of her shot. "Did she move across the country?" She asks. How'd she know?

"Um yea actually, are you on leave or something? What's your name?" I mean doesn't hurt to ask.

She's hesitates to respond but says,"I actually got discharged a week ago and I'm Juliana Barrera.. Dr actually, ahem... I showed you mine now show me yours." Wait Barrera? New ortho surgeon? Well I can't possibly do a one night stand with her.

"Well I mean I don't really have a story but I'm Carina Deluca a doctor at the hospital across-" I cut myself off when I see some men yelling at each other and see one pull up a knife.

JULIANA'S POV

Carina sees something and I turn around.. oh god.. I walk towards the men and surprisingly I see one of them suddenly jab the pocket knife to the other guy.

"Hey what the hell?!" The injured guy says and falls down. Before the armed guy makes another move, I stop him and hit his arm to the table to let go of the knife. He lets go and I wrap one arm around his neck to block his trachea.

"You bitch!" He gasps for air. God men should really think they're gonna do. I look over to the other guy and see he's bleeding out. Soon enough this guy slowly passes out.

"There you go big guy" I say quietly

I yell at Carina... I think that's her name, I'm terrible with names." Hey call 911 and check that guy." She comes quickly and dials as she presses on the wound.. I hear her mutter something I quite don't understand... Italian? Damn it I go for Italian girls....

The ambulance comes in five mics and the paramedics come in.

"What happened?" They asked. Carina reacts quickly and says, "He got stabbed in the left side of the abdomen, his heart rate is in the 50s and he's lost a pint of blood." The police take over and handcuffed the guy I pinned down.

"Quick thinking Commander." The officer says. I say "Yea I guess" I go with the patient. I notice Carina is gone. And I keep thinking what she said about working about a hospital.

OWEN'S POV

The ambulance arrives and a Navy soldier comes out.

"Male, 46, stab to the left lower quadrant, blood pressure low and lost a lot of blood" She says.

"Alright get him to Trauma room 1. Helm, get O Neg fast." I say "And you are..?" I ask.

"Oh I'm Dr Barrera. I was gonna start in a few days but I guess not." She says with a smile and a hand on the patient's abdomen. So this is the so-called Head of ortho. "Ok then welcome."

"We'll need a CT to see if the stab has penetrated any vital organs." I declare and Hellmouth comes in with the blood and hangs the blood and inserts a tube.

"Hey um if he needs surgery I need surgical privileges so where's the Chief's office?" Dr Barrera speaks up. "Uh yea 3rd floor then straight to your left." I say.

"Ok thanks" She says and walks away.

I enter the CT room and wait for the scans.