ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ɪ

The following morning was a bit awkward after Su-Hyeok and Hyun-Jae woke up at her alarm ringing and they remembered what had happened. Glancing at one another in silence before Hyun-Jae got out of bed and changed into her uniform quickly.

Having snuck Su-Hyeok out the house without her parents or brother finding out about him having spent the night over and what they had done.

"See you at school?" Su-Hyeok asked as he got his mouth covered by her.

"Shh! They'll hear you." Hyun-Jae whispered. "I'll walk with you to school but you better buy me something to eat."

"What? Why?" Su-Hyeok asked in a hushed tone. Moving her hand off his mouth and holding it in his.

"You didn't let me study and I don't have time for breakfast." She huffed as she lightly hit his shoulder.

"I thought you liked it."

The cheeks of Hyun-Jae turned a dusty pink color as she glanced up at him. Trying to cover his mouth again. Embarrassed to hear it out loud. "Su-Hyeok." She warned.

Su-Hyeok let out a small chuckle as he watched her grow all shy before him because of himself.

"Wait here. I'll go get my bag." She mumbled and headed inside to grab her bag.

Su-Hyeok waited patiently before hearing footsteps walking to the front door and the door opening.

Jin Ga-Eul, the eldest son and older twin of him and Hyun-Jae, opened the door before seeing who was there. "Ah.. it's you." He spoke.

Su-Hyeok nodded as he fixed his hair a bit. "It is. Good morning to you too Ga-Eul." He spoke.

"Good morning. Are you waiting for Hyun-Jae?"

"I am.. I came to pick her up so we could walk to school together." He lied as he smiled.

Ga-Eul listened as he didn't seem to believe him but nodded either way. "Alright. See you in class." He spoke.

"You're not walking with us?" He asked.

"Not today." Ga-Eul spoke.

Su-Hyeok listened as he gave a small nod. "Alright then. See you when we get there."

Ga-Eul gave a raise of his hand before heading ahead and putting his headphones on. Listening to music on the way to school.

Hyun-Jae walked out with her bag and keys as she closed and locked the door. "Come on. We'll be late if we don't hurry." She spoke.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

The rest of the day seemed to be going well and classes were through with in a breeze. That afternoon the students cleaned the halls and classrooms before they could head home.

The announcements ringing throughout the school. Summer was now over and the cool breeze was finally there. The warm weather being replaced for a cooler weather.

Most of the students seemed glad, even relieved to hear that. The warm weather was not to everyone's liking.

Hyun-Jae was taking out the trash as she hummed to herself. Liking the new breeze before feeling the bag being taken from her.

"Hey! What are you doing?"

"I'm helping you. You should be thanking me." Gyeong-Su spoke up as he grinned.

"I didn't ask for help."

Cheong-San hitting the back of his head a bit. "Don't just snatch the bag from her you moron."

Gyeong-Su rubbed the back of his head. "I was doing something nice."

"Fine." Hyun-Jae spoke. "I'll buy you a drink after school as a thanks."

"Really? Great!" Gyeong-Su spoke as he headed to throw the trash out.

"You shouldn't have let him take it."

"It's fine. Besides.. he seems excited for that drink." Hyun-Jae giggled. Glancing over at him.

Cheong-San had a slight blush as he turned to the side.

"Hm? Are you okay? You're red." She spoke as she reached over to touch his forehead just as someone grabbed her hand to stop her.

"He's fine." Su-Hyeok spoke. "He's just shy."

"I'm not shy." Cheong-San spoke up.

Su-Hyeok didn't release her hand as he glanced at the teen besides him. "You are. You turn red a lot."

"That doesn't mean I'm shy."

Gyeong-Su walked back to the three as he smiled. "Boys, boys that's enough now. Me and Hyun-Jae will be heading out now."

"What? Where?" Su-Hyeok asked. A small gleam of jealousy in his eyes when he heard.

"Oh I owe him a drink of his choice since he helped me take out the trash. You two want to to come?"

"I don't know. My mom invited us to eat chicken at the restaurant." Cheong-San spoke

"Is it open again?" Hyun-Jae asked surprised

"Not yet but she wants to have us eat there."

"Let's go then." Gyeong-Su spoke. Excited to go eat some of his best friend's chicken. "You're going too right Hyun-Jae?"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to go. Su-Hyeok are you coming too?"

Su-Hyeok listened before shaking his head. "Not today. I've got stuff to do at home but you guys have fun."

Hyun-Jae gave a small nod. "Get home safely then."

"I should be telling you that. You're reckless." Su-Hyeok spoke up.

Hyun-Jae lightly hitting his shoulder. "I am not. I'll go finish cleaning up now." She spoke before leaving.

"Don't forget my drink!" Gyeong-Su shouted after her. Getting a small thumbs up from her.

The rest of the cleaning got done and soon students were able to head home for the day. Cheong-San and his friends going back to his parent's restaurant to eat their chicken.

Nam On-Jo and her friend I-Sak joining the three as Cheong-San was made to carry her bag all the way after she had dropped his phone.

"So this is like a double date?" Gyeong-Su spoke.

I-Sak turned away rejecting the idea.

Gyeong-Su turned to Hyun-Jae.

"Don't even thinking about it." She spoke as she glanced up from her phone.

"I didn't even say anything yet."

"Gyeong-Su we've been friends for a long time. I know you well enough to know that my answer will be no." She spoke.

"Fine... am I still getting that drink?"

"Of course you are. When have I lied to you?"

The group arrived to the restaurant and hung out like usual. Having small talk hear and there. Especially when they mentioned their science teacher Mr. Lee.

Unaware that a girl, Kim Hyeon-Ju, had been bitten by the mouse Byeong-Chan had in his office and that she would go missing for a few hours. Being locked and tied to a heater to avoid her infecting others.

The night ending with the group going to a study center after Hyun-Jae got Gyeong-Su his drink and heading home herself. Unaware that tomorrow would be far from any other normal day.