ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxxɪx

The walk to safety had resumed after they had let On-Jo have a moment to herself. Especially since they didn't have zombies around them to hear them. It was the least they could let her have.

Hyun-Jae quietly walked as she stayed besides her before placing her hand on her shoulder. "You're strong." She spoke quietly.

On-Jo listened as she wiped her cheek a bit. Following the group and the trail of ribbon marked trees. "Why's that?" She asked as she glanced at her.

"Because you're still willing to survive despite the countless people you've lost. You encourage everyone else to keep going. Just like when Ji-Min had tried to jump out the window and was giving up on life. You worked hard to try and keep her alive." Hyun-Jae spoke as she glanced at her.

On-Jo listened as she glanced away a bit. "We had to survive with one another." She spoke. "I didn't want to lose anyone else. If I didn't help her I would've felt like I hadn't done enough to help her at all." She spoke.

"I don't think anyone would've blamed you. She was in a dark place. If we hadn't helped move her away from the window I think we all would have felt the same way. Guilty. It was the right thing to do though. You talked her out of things. It makes you strong and kind." Hyun-Jae replied to her.

On-Jo gave a small smile as she calmed down and felt somewhat better. "Thanks." She spoke.

Hyun-Jae gave a small smile back and nodded. "Any time." She spoke. "Friends are always there for one another." She added. Patting her shoulder before moving her hand away. Continuing to walk with them.

"How's your leg?" On-Jo asked.

"It has seen better days. It hurts like a bitch." Hyun-Jae spoke. "I think it will take a while to begin healing. Walking and running don't help my case. I am lucky to have only gotten one of them hurt. If he had stabbed anywhere else I would have been gone before we even let the roof."

On-Jo listened. "We wouldn't have left you behind you know." She replied.

"I know. Which is why I wouldn't have let you guys know where I would be. I want you guys to survive as much as anyone else would. Slowing down in an outbreak is always bad news. Especially with flesh eating monsters." Hyun-Jae spoke as she continued to walk.

"We'll be able to rest soon. Don't worry. Your leg wound will heal soon and you will be able to walk normally again. With no pain and no worrying about opening your wound again." On-Jo spoke.

Hyun-Jae listened as she chuckled lightly. "That's the plan." She spoke as she relaxed a bit for now.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Once the walk out of the woods was over the group had reached the city. Glancing around as there was smoke blocking the view ahead. Ash still falling from the sky like snow as they walked down the road. The place looked abandoned and silence was too quiet.

Nam-Ra stopped walking with Ga-Eul by her side. Hearing the others stop behind her before listening ahead of them. Taking a moment as she listened again and heard it. She could sense what was ahead of them. Glancing at Ga-Eul to see if he felt the same thing.

Ga-Eul glanced back at her as he nodded. Confirming her suspensions. "We can't walk ahead of us." He spoke. "We'll have to find another way around."

"Why not?" Hyo-Ryung asked nervously.

"Zombies." Nam-Ra spoke as she glanced back ahead. Trying to figure out how many of them there were. "A lot of them are coming this way." She added just before the zombies came out of the smoke and ran towards them.

Ga-Eul made Nam-Ra run first as he made sure to stay at the end of the group. Running behind Su-Hyeok, Dae-Su, and his father.

"I can't run any faster." Dae-Su spoke as he tried to keep up with the group. "Just leave me behind and go." He continued. He was willing to save them more time if he had too.

"No! We are going to make it. All of us." Hyun-Jae spoke up as she continued to follow the group. Having a bit of trouble on her own end. Grabbing an arrow from her bag before turning to face the zombies. Aiming and shooting one down before turning back around and running again as much as she could.

Su-Hyeok knew they wouldn't be able to out run them as he stopped and turned to the zombies. "We fight them off together!" He spoke up at the moment. Grabbing the first thing he could from the store they stopped in front of. He was ready to fight back.

Hyun-Jae stopped running besides him as she nodded. "Good idea." She spoke as she grabbed another arrow. Shooting down another zombie at the moment while the others grabbed their weapons to attack.

Jong-Soo moved Dae-Su to stand behind the group and out of the way so he wouldn't get bit. Picking up something sharp to use before helping the others with taking down the zombies.

It was then that he heard a gunshot. Making the zombie drop dead as he turned around. Seeing his wife there as he was in shock. Walking over before immediately embracing her.

Jin Yun-Yeong hugged her husband back as she had been searching for her family this whole time. Being relieved to see them all alive. Hugging and bring in their two kids. Her eyes red and watery as she placed her hands on their cheeks.

"You two have been very brave." She spoke as she smiled a bit. "I am so happy to see you two alive and doing well." She sniffed quietly.

Hyun-Jae teared up a bit. "Mom. We thought you had.. Don't leave our side." She spoke. Wiping her eyes lightly. "I don't want to worry about never seeing you again." She continued.

Su-Hyeok wanted her to reunite with her mother as him and the others handled the zombies. He felt like they could handle them on their own.

Nam-Ra's eye changed like how it had the last few times. Watching the zombies and soon snapping their necks and letting them fall to the ground before moving onto the next.

The zombies and the survivors. It was only a matter of time before they knew who would end up winning in the end. The zombies had an advantage since they were greater in numbers and strength together compared to the normal humans. It was long and it was a tiring job to get them all dealt with.