ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxɪ

"Let's not think about it." Cheong-San spoke up. Glancing between the two of them. Having changed his mind a bit. "She's staying anyways." He added.

Ji-Min wanted to protest the decision that they had taken as she didn't agree with her.

Dae-Su intervened as he changed the topic. "I'm hungry. Didn't the school ask for like food or something?" He asked at the moment.

"Where do you see food?"

"I don't know. Maybe in there?" Dae-Su spoke as he got up and tried to open the door to the small room there. "Damn. It's locked. Maybe we can break the door down." He suggested.

Cheong-San listened before getting up with Woo-Jin as Dae-Su tried to break the door down.

Hyun-Jae quietly listened before hearing the zombies outside. "Dae-Su. Can't you try to break it more quietly?" She asked.

Dae-Su stopped when he heard as he huffed. "But I'm hungry. We all are." He spoke.

Hyun-Jae got up before walking to her bag. Glancing around before passing him a candy bar. Looking around a bit more.

"Why does he get it?" Woo-Jin spoke up.

"Calm down." Hyun-Jae spoke as she faced them. "Maybe we don't have to break the door down." She added as she walked over to the door with her bag. Glancing at the key hole as she used a bobby pin she found in her bag.

"What are you doing?" Su-Hyeok asked.

"I'm picking the lock. None of us have the key and breaking the door will only leave us with more zombies trying to get in." She spoke

"Ah.. right." Dae-Su spoke.

"How do you know how to pick locks?" Cheong-San asked.

Hyun-Jae listened as she glanced over. "No reason." She spoke.

"Are you like a bad kid?" Woo-Jin asked teasingly.

"I am not and I am not answering that question." She spoke as she focused.

"I am curious as to what your answer will be." Jong-Soo spoke up.

"Dad. It's nothing bad that your imaging." She spoke up as she glanced over. "Mom was teaching me some stuff when she could."

Su-Hyeok listened as he smiled a bit. He liked hearing some calm things. Especially about his girlfriend. He was learning new things about her.

Na-Yeon could hear them as she got up really quietly before finding a hiding spot where she wasn't seen or spotted. Not ready to face them like Ms. Park had mentioned. The guilt was still there.

Hyun-Jae heard the click of the door as she grinned. "I got it. Just don't close the door. It will probably lock again and I won't open it again." She spoke. Glancing back at the others who were surprised. "What?"

"I didn't think you'd he able to open it." Cheong-San spoke. "That's all.."

"I thought it would take longer." Joon-Yeong spoke.

"I'm starving." Dae-Su spoke.

"Woah. Okay hold on. We can't all just rush in. We have limited food and yes. I can unlock doors." She spoke. "Me and Su-Hyeok will get a bag and bring out enough food and drinks."

Su-Hyeok got up as he walked over. "Ready to help." He spoke. "What should I grab first?" He asked.

"You grab a box or two of drinks and I'll pack the food." Hyun-Jae spoke.

"I can help you pack the food." Cheong-San spoke.

"Alright then. We'll bring the food. Look for any bag or something we can use." She spoke. Holding the door open for them.

Su-Hyeok nodded as he walked in and glanced at the shelves before grabbing a bag from the bench as he grabbed a drink for each person.

Cheong-San walked in after him as he glanced around before finding the food as he packed some.

Hyun-Jae walking in as she helped him with the food before they soon got enough to feed the others as the three walked out.

Na-Yeon listened from her hiding spot before quietly peaking out as she soon got out and locked the door again when she heard noise outside the door.

Su-Hyeok set the box of drinks he had managed to get and set it down as he handed one out to everyone.

Cheong-San handing out food he and Hyun-Jae had gotten out as he was happy that they had gotten to have a meal after everything.

Hyun-Jae grabbed two drinks and food before walking to Nam-Ra and Ga-Eul. Sitting down next to them. "Here. You two have to eat to."

"I.. i don't want any." Nam-Ra spoke.

"Nonsense." Hyun-Jae spoke. Grabbing her hand as she smiled. "I want you to eat something Nam-Ra. Please?" She asked.

Nam-Ra was unsure before giving into her friend. Glancing up at Ga-Eul. Knowing he had already given into his sister.

Ga-Eul gave her a small nod. They hadn't eaten at all in the two days that the outbreak had happened. Glancing back at his sister. "We'll eat. You go and join the others." He spoke.

"Alright. I'll leave you two too eat." She spoke as she got up and walked back to the group. Watching how happy Dae-Su and Woo-Jin had become. Joon-Yeong joining the two and chatting with them.

Glancing around as she noticed Ji-Min was hesitant to touch the food or even eat. Hyo-Ryung and On-Jo eating quietly together as they savored the food. Cheong-San already eating as well.

It made her glad to see that they were all eating. Including her father as she didn't notice Su-Hyeok. Glancing around as she spotted him by the windows with him motioning her over to him.

Hyun-Jae quietly smiled before walking over to him. "What are you doing?" She asked quietly.

"Well.. I didn't get my chance to take you on a proper date when we had the chance. I didn't even confess to you properly. I want this to be like a date. Not the best idea but it works. Would you like to join me?" Su-Hyeok asked.

Hyun-Jae listened as she felt her cheeks had warmed at his words. "I would love to." She spoke as she sat across from him.

Su-Hyeok listened to her answer as he smiled. "Great. Then let's eat then. Shall we?"

Hyun-Jae nodded as she knew it would be the only time they could have a meal. Eating the food Cheong-San and her had gotten out before the door closed.

It wasn't the ideal date for anyone but it was something they seemed to enjoy and it helped them move on from the zombies outside the door that had tried to break in.

The two shared a glance before they smiled at one another. Reaching over the table and holding one another's hand.

Su-Hyeok rubbing the back of her hand as he glanced at her. He wouldn't let anyone lay a hand on her. Not let any of the zombies get to her. It was his promise. His word. He would keep it no matter what happened.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

[ A.N. ] ━━ although none of that whole opening the door to get food happened. I think they deserved one last meal together as a group. It's the least something good could happen for them.