ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xɪɪ

Time seemed to pass by slowly for some while time seemed to go fast for others as they sat in silence at the moment. Waiting and waiting and yet again waiting. Maybe it was for a miracle. Maybe for something good to happen to them for once since they managed to evade death twice. Eve three times by now and it was only the afternoon.

They were tired and cold. Teens that shouldn't have to worry about where they had to go next or if they would get to live to see the next day at all. They were young to be thinking about when their last day would be.

Hyun-Jae sat quietly with Su-Hyeok after watching Cheong-San go to the door to at least talk to Gyeong-Su at the moment and try to lure him back out to join them since he had spent the time in there.

Su-Hyeok glanced at his girlfriend as he held her hand. "Are you okay?" He asked quietly.

"I don't know. I'm tired of running all day and a bit upset about how Na-Yeon treats Gyeong-Su for no reason." She quietly mumbled as she shifted and held onto him gently.

"Gyeong-Su is fine. He isn't infected or else he would've turned. She was in the wrong but it did look like he was infected at first." He spoke. "But I trust my friends first." He rubbed her back at the moment.

"I know but I can't help but feel a certain way every time she opens her mouth to say something." She huffed.

"Come on. Ignore her. Focus on everyone else but her. Okay?" He asked.

"Okay." She gave a small nod as she listened to him.

"Does your cheek still hurt?" He asked as he caressed over the light wound.

"A little but I'm fine. It's just a small graze. Nothing serious to worry about." She spoke.

Su-Hyeok placed a light kiss over it as he smiled a bit. "There. To make it feel better." He spoke. Earning a small smile as he was happy with the reaction that he received.

Hyun-Jae smiled a bit at him as she liked the cheesy kiss on the cheek from him and relaxed. "Woah Dr. Lee. It doesn't hurt anymore. Thank you so much for taking care of it." She teased him.

"You're very welcomed. I'm opened everyday at every hour. You know how to contact me." He teased back as he grinned.

Hyun-Jae giggled quietly when he played along before hearing someone clear their throat. Glancing across the table as she looked at Woo-Jin, Dae-Su, and Joon-Yeong watching the two.

"Ah.. you two are so lovey dovey it's hurting my eyes." Woo-Jin spoke.

"I wish that was me and Ha-Ri." Dae-Su spoke before grunting when he was elbowed by Woo-Jin. "Brother-in-law."

"You and my sister are never going to happen." Woo-Jin spoke. "And I told you to stop calling me that!"

Joon-Yeong rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and simply glaned away when he was caught staring.

Hyun-Jae grew embarrassed as she turned red up to the tip of her ears before chuckling lightly as she listened to Woo-Jin scolding Dae-Su about mentioning being with his sister again.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

After a while had passed once more Cheong-San knew that Gyeong-Su was being stubborn and not wanting to leave the room as Ms. Park went inside to talk to him and make him come back out.

Hyun-Jae gathered by the window with the others as she watched with them how Gyeong-Su refused to come back out of the room as Ms. Park walked back out.

"He hasn't turned so it's safe to say that he isn't infected." Ms. Park spoke. "However he wants to stay the full hour and we did agree that you would go inside and apologize to him, Na-Yeon." She added.

Na-Yeon listened as she nodded before walking inside the room as she shut the door behind her.

Hyun-Jae watched with the others as they couldn't hear anything coming from the room. Watching them talk before seeing her clean his wound as she got a bad vibe from her. Knowing she wouldn't act nice to him at all.

"Aw she even cleaned his wound." Dae-Su joked as he laughed a bit.

"Ooh. Maybe they might kiss."

"They might date after this."

Na-Yeon walked out of the room as they watched her come out before congratulating her on taking the step of apologizing to him.

Gyeong-Su got up as he followed after her visibly upset and knew she hadn't meant to apologize to him in the first place. Being held back by Cheong-San and Ms. Park.

"What happened?" Ms. Park spoke.

Gyeong-Su explaining what happened as he was frustrated with Na-Yeon and her behavior. Having enough from her and her attitude.

"You said you would apologize."

Na-Yeon standing in her spot. "I never said that I would. Why should I apologize to that infected welfie." She spoke up. "What happens if I'm right and he turns? What then? Will you all believe me then?" She spoke up.

Hyun-Jae listened as she walked over before slapping her as she was immediately held back by Ms. Park.

"Jin Hyun-Jae!" Ms. Park spoke up.

"I warned her about what would happen if she did something stupid again!"

"That is not the right thing to do!"

"I don't care. She doesn't seem to care about how she affects others and only looks out for herself! She looks down on anyone who might not fit her perfect little fantasy." Hyun-Jae spoke as Su-Hyeok took over and held her back from doing anything again.

"L-let go." She squirmed around.

"Calm down. I think she got the point." He spoke calmly.

Na-Yeon stood in her spot as her hand was over her cheek as she knew that her plan had already been in motion since the moment that she cleaned his wound with the infected blood. Hiding the truth as she didn't think any of then even knew what she had done.

Ga-Eul and Nam-Ra watched the whole situation from their seats before glancing at one another as if to check if what they had seen was true. Giving each other a small nod before glancing back ahead.

"Hyun-Jae. Sit down and calm down." Ga-Eul spoke. "We'll deal with her if she tries anything again but for now we need to rest and save our energy. There's nothing much we can do about her now and stooping down to her level won't be making us any better than her."

Hyun-Jae listened as she glanced at her brother and nodded a bit. Calming down as she glanced at Gyeong-Su to make sure he was doing alright after the big accusations from Na-Yeon.

Gyeong-Su giving her a small nod that he was fine and that they could drop the matter as he didn't want to deal with her nonsense anymore. Tired enough as he was and simply wanted to focus on something better that wasnt her.

The room having already picked sides as Na-Yeon had crossed a line and without Gyeong-Su she wouldn't have been safe had the zombie from the window managed to find a way into the room when it had the chance.