ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxxɪ

The staircase was dark and the sounds of the stuck zombies filling the halls. The blue tarp still there from earlier as they descended slowly and very quietly. Keeping their distance from the zombies before glancing down the hall. Waiting for the next lightning as they bolted down before slowing down when they knew the thunder had stopped.

Tiptoeing along the stairs and keeping their eyes on the halls and stairs for anyone coming their way. Going further down step by step. Taking their time as they were so close.

Su-Hyeok didn't make a sound but he took a few glances towards his girlfriend from time to time. Making sure that she was fine so far.

Hyun-Jae was trying her best to keep going. Bitting her lower lip with every step that she took as she handled it well. Ignoring the pain spreading from her leg as she quietly continued.

Dae-Su helped her when she needed and let her squeeze his hand as much as she wanted. Knowing they were almost close to the exit. Making sure that the zombies wouldn't hear them as he had some doubts himself if their plan would even work.

The group continued to walk down the stairs and using the thunder and rain to their advantage to hide their footsteps. Leaving the school once they made it out alive. Hiding along the bushes of the school and crawling to the otherside. Making sure they didn't step on anything.

Once they reached their spot they got up. Su-Hyeok helping Hyun-Jae to get back up and over the bushes to continue going. Quietly setting her down as they noticed there weren't zombies around them yet. Moving past the truck in their way.

Having reached the parking lot of the school Cheong-San stopped a bit. Noticing the zombie on the other side of the truck. Feeling his breath catch in his throat. The next words to leave his mouth barely visible to the others.

In his eyes his mother was smiling at him and calling his name. Focusing on her. "Mom.."

The zombie of his mother snarling and trying to reach the group once she noticed that they were food for her. Still across the truck in front of them. Trying to attack Cheong-San seeing that he was closer and hadn't moved back from her.

Cheong-San's eyes grew teary at the sudden realization. His mother had come to save him and had gotten bit in the process. Her turning broke him and his last straw. He had only wanted to survive to see his mother again and to eat her food again. Remembering the good times with her.

Dae-Su let go of Hyun-Jae's hand as he found a metal pipe lying on the ground close to the truck. Moving over as he attacked the zombie. Not aware of the fact that it was Cheong-San's mother at all.

Watching his mother being hit made him snap out of his trance. Moving closer to Dae-Su before tackling him away from his mother. Attacking him in return after what he did.

Su-Hyeok ran over before holding Cheong-San back from doing something worse. Pulling him up and keeping him away from the zombie and Dae-Su.

Dae-Su was confused on why he had been attacked out of nowhere. Glancing at the two before getting back up as he was ready to swing the pipe down on the head of the zombie.

"Mom!!" Cheong-San cried out as he wanted to stop them.

Hyun-Jae quietly watched as she had to glance away. She knew his mom and how kind she was. How she would always watch her son and be proud of him. It was always a nice sight when she was there to witness it.

Her gaze being a bit teary before she noticed shadows moving from the school in their direction. Moving back a bit as she reached out to whoever was behind her. Pulling her brother's sleeve.

Ga-Eul was about to ask what was wrong before glancing over at what she was looking at. "Hey. We need to leave. They're coming this way." He spoke as he glanced at them.

Dae-Su nodded as he left the male's zombified mother alone before leading the way since Cheong-San wasn't in the right state to lead. Making sure that there were no zombies infront of them.

Su-Hyeok and On-Jo couldn't leave Cheong-San behind them and with the zombie that once was his mother. Dragging him along and keeping him safe with them.

Hyun-Jae tried to do her best to keep up with them. Glancing back as she noticed a few zombies had heard their commotion. Glancing back ahead as she was behind a bit.

Hyo-Ryung wasn't too far up ahead as she accidentally tripped by the time Hyun-Jae reached them. Trying to help her up quickly. "Ji-Min. A little help?" She spoke. Glancing at Ji-Min.

Ji-Min glanced between the two of them. Not wanting to be dragged down and slowed down by the two of them. Turning her back on them and running away blindly. Not taking the right turn on her end.

Hyun-Jae watched as she scoffed before helping Hyo-Ryung on her own as she panicked that they were being caught up to. Feeling one of the zombies tackle her down.

"Hyun-Jae!" Hyo-Ryung spoke before being tackled herself back down. Doing what she could to avoid being bit as she was scared in that moment.

Hyun-Jae couldn't kick as she winced from the zombie pressing against the wound. Closing her eyes as her hands kept the zombie away from biting her. A small yell leaving her as she tried to use her leg. Ignoring the pain as she threw the zombie over her.

Turning on her spot as she glanced at the zombie. Feeling a warm wet spot on her leg. Ignoring it as she glanced at Hyo-Ryung. Before she could help her she noticed someone tackling the zombie down.

"Watch you're back!" Woo-Jin spoke up as he got up and helped Hyo-Ryung.

Hyun-Jae acted quickly as she grabbed an arrow before shooting the zombie that attacked her. Watching it drop before turning to help Woo-Jin and Hyo-Ryung.

Another arrow hitting the zombie. As it fell, the three noticed that there was a second group of survivors standing there. Watching, in their shock, to see that they had not been the only ones who survived the whole blood bath the school had become.