ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxᴠɪ

"I think we should all calm down." Su-Hyeok spoke as he held her closer to him. "There's no one at fault here other than him. We just need to focus and figure a plan out a way to get off the roof and we can all make it. No one is being left behind." He added as he glanced down at her. "Not even you so don't say that."

On-Jo quietly watched the two as she knew there was something more to the two of them. Something that he never had with her. She was envious that she got him but she learned to set aside her own feelings and knew when to not bring it up. There was no reason for her to not try and be an acquaintance to the female.

Hyun-Jae glanced up at the male as she wanted to protest. She knew if they had a way out they should take it. It was what they had been fighting for the past two days after all.

Pressing his hand on her mouth, Su-Hyeok shook his head to knock down any protest that would come out of her. "You're alive and part of the group. We'll figure something out." He spoke as he glanced at her. "I'm not leaving without you."

"He's right." Cheong-San spoke as he sat across from the two. "We've already lost too many of us. We can't lose anyone else."

Hyun-Jae quietly gave up on her protests as she nodded lightly before she moved his hand off and shifted a bit. Closing her eyes when she felt the shooting pain up her leg.

"What's wrong?" Su-Hyeok asked worriedly.

"Nothing.. Nothing. Sorry. I moved my leg a little too fast. Fresh wounds are the worst cases in situations like this." She huffed. Leaning her head on his shoulder.

His arm immediately going around her as he held her close to him. Rubbing her arm gently. "Don't move around so much. If you need anything then you tell me. I'll get it for you." He spoke.

"You don't have to. I'll be fine." She spoke as she glanced at him. Having a small smile on her face as she pecked his cheek. "Thank you." She added lightly.

Su-Hyeok listened as he was taken by surprise when his cheek was pecked by her. A grin taking over his features as he stayed with her. "You're with me. I would do anything for you." He teased as he liked the small chuckle that left her.

Enjoying the bondfire that was there between them and the others. It was a relaxing moment. A moment of just peace when they didn't have to worry about having to go to one person or worrying about where they had to go yet. Simply taking in the warmth and getting to bond with one another.

It was something new for some of them. Getting to spend time like that and being able to just enjoy a moment like that again without worrying about too much.

Nam-Ra had never had friends like that and she had never been able to just have a campfire with family. It was something she had become greatful for and if she had the chance then she would enjoy another one with them again.

Hyun-Jae quietly listened to the crackling of the fire as she watched it. The sky becoming darker as the day came to an end and became night sooner than they expected. Getting herself up as she excused herseld before limping towards the other side of the roof as she needed some air.

Su-Hyeok noticed as he got up before following after her and hugging her from behind. "Are you okay?" He asked lightly.

"I don't think I can fully be feeling okay. Not like before at least." Hyun-Jae spoke as she faced him a bit.

Su-Hyeok listened as he rubbed her arm gently. "Is there anything that I can do to make you feel better?" He asked.

Hyun-Jae quietly shook her head a bit. "I don't think so. I just need some time to gather my thoughts and my breathe." She spoke.

His eyes scanned her at the moment as he nodded. Placing a small kiss on her forehead. Removing his arms from her. "I can wait with the others then. See you in a bit."

"See you in a bit." Hyun-Jae reassured as she watched him leave. Giving him a small smile before turning back to face the trees and the view from her spot. She wanted to go home and be with her family again. Something that she knew most of them wanted but knew that it was impossible if the infection spread outside of the walls.

Letting out a small sigh as she lowered her head before calming down as she was tired of running and having to fight for her life. It wasn't something anyone should have to go through.

Quietly reaching behind her. Removing the bow and undoing the half up ponytail before tying all her hair back and into a low ponytail before retying the bow as she calmed down.

On-Jo watched her staying away from the group as she got up to walk over to her. Feeling her arm being grabbed as she glanced over to see Su-Hyeok.

"What are you doing?" Su-Hyeok asked.

"I was just going to talk to her. Nothing much." She spoke quietly.

"I think you should leave her alone." He spoke.

On-Jo listened as she glanced at him before removing her arm from his hold. "Sometimes people just want to talk or have someone besides them. No talking necessary." She spoke as she walked to the female. Pressing her back against the wall besides her.

Hyun-Jae quietly listened as she glanced at her before glancing back ahead. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Just checking in.." On-Jo spoke quietly.

"Why's that?" Hyun-Jae asked. "I thought you hated me for liking Su-Hyeok."

"I don't like it but people can change how they feel about someone. We can learn to set aside our differences. Like before." On-Jo spoke.

"Before.. A lot of people wish things were like before right about now.." She let out as a small sigh left her.

"Well.." On-Jo spoke.

"I didn't think I would fall for him either." Hyun-Jae spoke before glancing at her. "I didn't know that you liked him either." She added.

"I just didn't want people to know. I spoke to I-Sak about it." On-Jo spoke. "I was always nervous of having someone else know but he likes you. I just think that.. he seems happy. I want him be happy with who he chooses." She added.

Hyun-Jae listened before turning a bit to face her. Sitting down besides her at the moment as she glanced at her hands. "Sorry about I-Sak.." She quietly spoke.

"Sorry about Gyeong-Su.." On-Jo spoke. Holding her hand out a bit to her.

Hyun-Jae quietly glanced at her hand before reaching over as she shook her hand and felt a bit better to fix a friendship between them. Letting go after a while and shared a glance her way. "Let's make it out of here soon." She spoke.

On-Jo listened before nodding. "Let's make it out." She spoke back as she knew that it was a start to go in the right direction. Sitting besides her before noticing a shadow above them as she glanced behind her and felt fear at who it was. Reaching over and grabbing the female's arm immediately.