ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xʟ

The small Jin family reunion was cut short. The group needed as much help as they could and the family knew they could catch up later.

Hyun-Jae stayed back a bit as she used her bow and arrows. Shooting at the zombies she could see and not the ones the others were fighting. She didn't want to shoot one of them by accident.

Yun-Yeong used her gun on them as she focused at the moment. Making sure that she was alerted by her surroundings and the zombies. Handling her own end well.

It didn't take long for things to start going sour for the group. One one end Dae-Su had been attacked. Having a zombie over him as he struggled to get him off. Jong-Soo noticed and ran over to help him right away but having his hand bitten in the process. His scream distracting his wife.

Yun-Yeong listened to the scream behind her as she turned to face him and the zombie. Shooting it down but not seeing the zombie behind her as it bit into her shoulder as she yelled a bit. Feeling the pain of the zombie tearing into her skin and through the fabric of her shirt.

On the other hand, Ha-Ri had to watch as her brother was being bitten for saving her. Small cries leaving her as she couldn't bear to watch but unable to look away from the sight. Feeling the zombie being peeled off her brother and killed as she sat and held her brother.

"I know.." Woo-Jin spoke. "I know you didn't make it to nationals." He spoke. Glancing up at his sister as he could feel himself turning. "Why didn't you just go home?" He cried out. "Promise me.. promise me you won't quit archery. You can't give up." He spoke once more before he took his final breathe.

Ha-Ri listened as her lower lip quivered a bit. Crying for her brother as she glanced up. "Please. You guys can't kill him." She spoke as she got up. "You can't.." She added quietly.

Nam-Ra listened as she quietly noticed Woo-Jin behind her back from the dead and up again. Watching as he was about to bite his own sister as she steppef forward before snapping his neck with no emotions from her. She didn't like having to kill him but it was what had to be done.

Ha-Ri noticed as she got mad at Nam-Ra for going against what she said and finishing her brother off. "What did you do that for?!"

"He was going to bite you. I had no choice." Nam-Ra spoke as she listened before glancing in the direction the first zombies had arrived from. "More are coming this way."

Ha-Ri got ready in her position to try and fight the next wave that was coming their way. Feeling her arm being grabbed. Turning to see that it was Nam-Ra who had stopped her.

"You can't fight them all. Don't die for no reason." Nam-Ra spoke. "If we all run now we can make it out of here alive without losing anymore people."

Jong-Soo and Yun-Yeong listened as they could feel themselves turning. Trying to slow down the process as they held one another one last time before turning to the teens.

"Go." Joon-Yeong spoke up. Moving away from them as he stood infront of them with Yun-Yeong. Holding her second gun.

"Mom. Dad. You can come with us." Hyun-Jae spoke as she tried to walk over before seeing them step back. "Mom.. Dad.. don't do this." She spoke shakily.

Jong-Soo teared up as he shook his head. "I'm sorry. This is as far as we can take you guys." He spoke. "Be strong and be brave. You two have a long journey ahead of you two. Get to safety and live. Live your lives in peace." He spoke with voice cracks from trying not to cry.

Yun-Yeong had a tear slid down her cheek as she listened. "Remember, mom and dad love you both." She spoke as she smiled. "And we always will." She continued and didn't want to break down. Removing her necklace before throwing it to Hyun-Jae, who caught it in her hands.

"Mom.." Hyun-Jae spoke as she held onto the necklace. Watching her father pass her something as she held the small picture of their family. Tearing up a bit more.

"Goodbye.." Jong-Soo and Yun-Yeong spoke before facing one another as they had blood run down their nose before holding the gun to each others head.

Jong-Soo let out small shaky breath before speaking up. "Lee Su-Hyeok." He spoke. Getting the teens attention. "I am proud to know that my daughter has someone like you. Take care of her for me alright, son?" He spoke.

Su-Hyeok listened as he nodded. "I will." He spoke as he didn't have to be told twice. He would do anything to keep his girlfriend safe and happy. That was all he wanted.

"Good. I can be at peace knowing this." Joon-Yeong. "You would have been a fine son-in-law." He teased as he tried to lighten the mood a bit knowing it didn't do much. "Get out of here now. Go." He spoke.

Su-Hyeok nodded as he made Hyun-Jae follow him. Feeling her squirm him his hold to try and reach her parents. Walking away until they were out of sight from them. The last thing he managed to hear was a small sob from the two before the sound of the guns went off. Closing his eyes as he felt his girlfriend stop squirming as much.

Letting out a cry as she listened to the last thing that happened. She had just reunited with her mother only to lose them again but this time was for good and she knew that. Holding onto her Su-Hyeok.

Su-Hyeok had felt the sadness as well. Especially after the last words he had been told. It made him happy to have been accepted by the two but he would've liked to know them a bit better and now they were gone. Just like that.

Nam-Ra ran behind the group. She didn't want to interrupt them after whst happened. Her own hunger getting worse as she bit down on her wrist. Trying to make her hunger and thoughts go away but they didn't. Slowing down as she stopped running before going back into the city. It was where she belonged.

No one seemed to notice she had been gone until Su-Hyeok and Hyun-Jae glanced back to see that she had stopped following. Ga-Eul noticed that they had stopped and noticed who was missing before the three of them walked back to the city. Unaware that On-Jo had decided to follow them as well.