ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxxᴠɪɪɪ

Seon-Mu had done it. He had given the order and watched as Hyosan had been bombed. Losing innocent lives in the process. He excused himself to his office as he passed down his job to the chief of staff.

He took his time to arrive to the cells where assemblywoman Park Eun-Hee and her team were before telling them the news of his own actions being taken. Being grabbed by the collar and called names for it.

Taking it all in as he stood in his spot. Apologizing for what he had done before moving away from her. Keeping his head up high. Soon after leaving the room as he closed it behind him. Heading into his office at the moment.

Sitting in his chair, fully dressed in his formal uniform. Turning to face forward to leave one last message recorded. Taking a moment to breath before calming down and pressing play to record.

"I, Jin Seon-Mu, take full responsibility for the bombings ordered in Hyosan. Upon futher inspection and the recordings from the creater of this virus.. he had to end up burning his wife and son alive. I believed there was no other way to stop the spread of this virus without eliminating the infected. I'm sorry.." He spoke before stopping the recording.

Seon-Mu then tried to call his wife. Trying to make a phone call to have one simply conversation with her at least. Hearing his wife yelling at him through the phone.

He sat there and listened to her yell. It hurt him a bit. Leaving his last message for her. Near the end of the call he mentioned how he missed and loved her. Apologizing for anything he had done wrong before hanging up and setting his phone down.

Leaning back in his seat at the moment. Grabbin his gun as he aimed at himself before shooting. His body going slump. From the table his phone buzzing as his wife sent messages of apologies. Trying to talk to him and being unaware of what he had done.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

On-Jo, Hyun-Jae, Nam-Ra, and Su-Hyeok had gone back to see if they could find any traces of Cheong-San. They others having stayed behind with Jong-Soo and Ga-Eul. There was scattered debris laying everywhere and no signs of life. The building filled with some smoke and ash in the air like snow.

Hyun-Jae and On-Jo were desperate to find anything. Even just a small hint of the male. When nothing come of their searching they glanced at one another. Silently being there for the other.

On-Jo was the first to glance away as she stomped her foot. "Cheong-San! You jerk! You promised us you won't leave us behind!" She yelled. Letting out her feeling in that moment as she sobbed. She didn't want to keep going.

Hyun-Jae listened as she held her hand lightly. "On-Jo.." She spoke. Her own voice shaky. "We shouldn't stay here to long." She mumbled.

"His scent is gone." Nam-Ra spoke up. "I would be able to usually pick up his scent but I can't. He's gone now.." She continued. "I'm sorry." Reaching out and holding their hands lightly.

Hyun-Jae shook her head. "It's not your fault." She spoke at the moment. Wiping her cheek as she glanced around. She would miss him and remember what he had done to help them get away. Glancing at the name tag and holding onto it a bit more.

Su-Hyeok placed a hand on Hyun-Jae's shoulder. He already missed his friend and everything they had done together. They were so close. They could've made it and he could've joined them. "We need to join the others before it gets late." He quietly spoke at the moment.

Hyun-Jae gave a small nod. "Let's go." She lightly spoke. She knew they had to keep moving forward and that is what they did. Leaving the construction site and heading back to the woods where the others were waiting for them.

Su-Hyeok made sure to help with Dae-Su walk after seeing his leg injury from the rubble. Being joined by Jong-Soo and helping the two teens out for now. Making sure that they could walk.

Hyun-Jae walked ahead of them as she could handle walking on her own a bit. Nam-Ra and On-Jo walking on either side of her. The three walking in silence as it was something they had silently agreed on.

All of the students walking through the woods. Unaware that some soldiers were going through Hyosan and making sure they took down any remaining zombies and deeming places safe.

Nam-Ra got thinking before speaking up. "I think..." She broke the silence between them. "I think the soldiers meant to kill us. Maybe because they think we're all infected or halfbies." She added.

Hyun-Jae listened as she shook her head. "Don't." She spoke. Knowing Nam-Ra and what she would say.

On-Jo glancing at the two of them in confusion at the conversation. "What?" She asked.

"She's going to say something that isn't true." Hyun-Jae spoke.

"It's true. It's not safe for me to stay with you guys." Nam-Ra spoke as she glanced at them.

"That's not true. You're our friend and you won't turn." On-Jo spoke up as she glanced at her. She knew that before the outbreak she may have not liked her. The whole outbreak changed her views and she knew she was wrong about her before.

Nam-Ra smiled a bit as she continued to walk with them. "Back on the school roof. That was the first time I got to hang out with friends and sit around a fire like that." She spoke.

"We can do it again. Tonight." On-Jo suggested as she glanced at the two of them.

"I agree. Let's do it again tonight." Hyun-Jae spoke at the moment. Seeing that the others seemed lost about which way they should go.

Woo-Jin noticed that they were getting lost as he soon noticed a yellow ribbon on a tree and walked over to examine it before seeing another tree with similar ribbon. "This way." He spoke up and began to follow the ribbons.

The group began to follow after him. Seeing the ribbons and a small flood of relief passing them. Wondering who could've had time to leave a trail like that.

On-Jo continued to walk with them as her eyes caught something near a marked tree. Picking up the item, realizing that it was a flashlight. Examining it in her hands before seeing the initals of her fathers name on it. Crouching down as she sobbed quietly.

Her father had left them a trail to follow. Saving them one last time without him being there. It hurt her to know how much he had done and remembering the sacrifice he did for them. The group let her have that moment. They knew if he hadn't left the trail or sacrificed himself for them at all none of them would have be alive in that moment.