ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxɪx

The rooftop was filled with silence after what had happened. Luckily no one had gotten hurt from Gwi-Nam. Not having another person being bit. Whatever happened next would be unpredictable but they wanted to be ready to face anything. Dying wasn't an option anyone wanted.

Everyone's breathing and heart rates returned to normal. Calming down with the silence around them. Hoping someone, anyone, could see their S.O.S message.

Silence wasn't there for long as the sound of a helicopter approaching began to fill their ears. Making them get up immediately.

Su-Hyeok helped his girlfriend up as he held her close to him with her injury. Feeling a wave or relief wash over him to see help. Seeing the soldiers decend from above and landing on the roof.

One of the soldiers staying behind as he sent the others to retrieve the computer that had been mentioned by Song Jae-Ik, who had explained about what the computer contained. Explaining that Lee Byeong-Chan was the mastermind behind the virus gone wrong.

Lee Byeong-Chan had intended on creating something to help his deceased son against bullying. He had never imagined that his creation would get out of hand and make people consume one another. Having only ever wanted to keep his son safe. He blamed himself for the death of his son and his wife.

The soldier quietly counted the teens and then Jin Jong-Soo. "Sir, we have survivors up here." He reported back. Waiting for his next order and for his colleagues.

Back at the camp with survivors, military commander, Jin Seon-Mu, listened to his soldier. "Focus on getting the computer first. Then you can save them and bring them back." He replied.

The soldier listened. "Yes, sir." He replied.

Seon-Mu quietly waited for the news on the computer being retrieved. Keeping his hands behind his back as he waited. Eager to get his hold on the device to end the nightmare Hyosan became.

The soldier noticed his colleagues returning as he reported back to base. "Sir. We have completed the mission and have retrieved the computer safely." He reported. "We'll be back with the survivors and device." He spoke.

Hyun-Jae quietly listened as she could still feel the pain in her leg. Leaning against Su-Hyeok as she watched with him. Thankful for the chance they were getting.

Ji-Min was the first to be buckled up and given the good to go sign. Getting pulled up as she felt happy and relieved. She wanted to live in that moment and make her parents proud.

"Sir. We have a problem." Seon-Mu heard from on of the soldiers who walked into the room in a hurry. "What is it?" He asked.

"One of the rescued survivors has attacked and killed someone." The soldier spoke.

Seon-Mu immediately got someone to get the cameras up. Seeing that Cheol-Soo was being teared into by none other than Eun-Ji. His face dropping when he realized that the virus had gotten into the base without them suspecting anything. Eun-Ji had seemed normal at first glance. Contacting the soldier at the school.

"Drop the survivors. Do not bring them back. If they resist then you are to shoot them." Seon-Mu spoke as he didn't want any infected in the camp.

"But Sir, they are just kids-." The soldier spoke up.

"Did I stutter? Leave them and come back with the computer." Seon-Mu spoke up.

The soldier was hesitant. He hated the order he was being given. In his eyes they were kids who just wanted to be saved. Not infected people.

Ji-Min could feel herself being lowered as her smile faded a bit. "H-hey! I'm going back down!" She spoke up. She had been so close to the entrance of safety. Her feet touching the ground as she was unbuckled and made to stand back.

Cheong-San noticed as he tried to take a step forwards. "Please. Take us with you. Or at least take some of us." He spoke.

"Shoot them if they resist." Seon-Mu ordered.

The soldier as he didn't want to shoot them. "Stand back." He spoke up. "I don't want to hurt any of you." He continued. His eyes growing teary behind his helmet.

"Shoot them!" Seon-Mu spoke up.

The soldier couldn't handle the overwhelming moment as he fired into the sky. Missing the helicopter and the teens as they moved back. Moving back himself as he got buckled and pulled up with his other colleagues. Removing his helmet once they were seated and taking off. Watching the teens they were forced to leave behind.

Throwing his helmet down as he yelled. "Damn it!" He could feel the guilt in his chest as he glanced away from the window. It was messed up and he knew he had no choice but to follow orders.

Su-Hyeok's relief became dread. Watching as the helicopter had left and without them. His shoulders dropping as he kicked the S.O.S sign they had made out of frustration. They had been so close to freedom before it was snatched away from them.

Hyun-Jae couldn't help but to feel drained. Running her hand through her hair a bit. She wanted to scream out her lungs but nothing ever came out. Feeling like her hope was gone and they couldn't do anything about it anymore.

Nam-Ra stayed where she was. Keeping the heated blanket they had given her around her shoulders. Staying close to her friend as she didn't know what to say. Keeping her hand on Hyun-Jae's. Her other resting on Ga-Eul who sat besides her.

On-Jo and Cheong-San taking a sat on the other side of Hyun-Jae and not saying anything. The pain filled expressions on them spoke for everyone on that roof.

Across from them Dae-Su, Woo-Jin, and Joon-Yeong sat with one another. Having no jokes or smiles like they usually had before. It dawned on them that help wouldn't help them. Their mood shifting to one of sorrow for themselves.

Ji-Min being by Hyo-Ryung as they didn't say one word to one another. She had been so close to freedom and to feel like she wanted to live again for her parents only to have that shot being taken away. Hyo-Ryung trying to comfort her like she had always done but even she had hit her limit on how much she could take.

It hurt.

It hurt to be left behind.

It hurt Jin Jong-Soo to have to watch the small spark of hope in them dim. He felt completely helpless in their situation. He was an adult. An adult was supposed to have solutions for any problems but he, he didn't have any solutions. He didn't know what he was supposed to do now. His hands were empty but heavy with his doubt and thoughts.