ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪ

Hyun-Jae glanced at her phone before being startled by the yell coming from the end of the hall as she got up from her desk. Watching the zombies run after the poor girl who had yelled.

Gyeong-Su noticed as he watched them run off before opening the door to peak out of curiosity. Being pulled back into the classroom by none other than Su-Hyeok.

"Close the door." He whispered. "You scared me." He added as he shut the door and sighed.

"Are they coming?" On-Jo asked as she approached Cheong-San.

Cheong-San was unsure if they were really going to appear. "He said they were on the way." He spoke.

"Did they believe you? What if they think we're pranking them and they don't come?" Gyeong-Su spoke up.

"Call again." Na-Yeon spoke up. "Call them again." She glanced at Cheong-San. "Tell them to come quickly!" She raised her voice as Ji-Min elbowed her.

"Quit yelling. You're going to make them come back from how loud you're being." Ji-Min spoke.

Hyun-Jae listened to them before moving away as she glanced at her phone before dialing a number quietly. Getting no answer the first time.

On-Jo took the phone away from Cheong-San as she dialed a number she knew.

"Hello, this is the fire department. How can I help you."

"Hello. Do you know Nam So-Ju? From rescue team one?" On-Jo asked the man as she was hoping to reach her father soon.

"No. Sorry. We have a lot of firefighters here." He spoke.

"Capt. Nam So-Ju is my father. Please tell him to come to my school quickly."

"Who is she calling?" Su-Hyeok whispered.

Gyeong-Su shrugged as he glanced back at her to listen in.

"This is the call center. If you want to reach him you must call his station." The man spoke.

"There's a fire." On-Jo spoke quickly. Lying to get their attention.

"A fire?"

"A big fire in classroom 2-5." She continued before the call ended as she put the phone away.

Hyun-Jae didn't know if that would work but she knew On-Jo would have come up with something to get them to listen and have them arrive to help them.

Glancing back at her phone as she tried to call again and waiting for someone to pick up at the moment. Tapping her hands against the wall a bit. Leaning out the window before hearing a familiar voice.

"Hyun-Jae? Hyun-Jae are you and Ga-Eul safe?"

"Mom.. we're okay. We made it to class safetly a-and nothing has happened yet. We're stuck but we called for help." Hyun-Jae spoke as she was relieved to hear her mother. "Don't come here. It's not safe."

"Hyun-Jae. I will get you and your friends out of there. I will send help if i can."

"Mom.. Don't come here yourself."

"Where's your dad?"

"I-i don't know. We haven't seen him but-."

"Find him. Okay? He'll know what to do."

"O-okay." Hyun-Jae spoke.

"I want to hear Ga-Eul. Can you put him on?" Yun-Yeong spoke as she had been with her work partner Song Jae-Ik had been interrogating Lee Byeong-Chan about what he had done and why.

Hyun-Jae passed the phone to her brother before sniffing lightly.

Ga-Eul took the phone as he listened. "Mom.. Hyun-Jae is right. Coming here is dangerous so find somewhere safe and we'll find you once someone comes rescue us." He spoke.

"I know I should but I'm your mother and I'm worried. I will do everything I can to get you guys to safety so just wait patiently." Yun-Yeong spoke up as she wiped her eyes a bit. "See you soon." She added as she hung up.

Ga-Eul listened before returning the phone to his twin as Hyun-Jae took it back and held it.

"Why did you tell her not to come?" Na-Yeon spoke up. "She could help us."

"Be quiet. I'm not risking my mother. This place is turning into hell." Hyun-Jae spoke as she was grabbed by Na-Yeon.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! We need all the help we can get. Don't you want to leave this place?" Na-Yeon spoke up.

Ga-Eul, Su-Hyeok, Cheong-San, and Gyeong-Su moving closer when they noticed Na-Yeon grab her but standing back a bit.

Hyun-Jae grabbed her wrist before getting her hand off her. "Don't touch me. You don't get to tell me who gets to come here or not." She spoke. "Unlike you I care about others than myself." She added.

Na-Yeon listened as she scoffed a bit. "Yeah right. We could be helped but you want to be selfish." She spoke.

"I want to avoid less deaths." Hyun-Jae spoke.

Su-Hyeok got between them before glancing at Na-Yeon. "Leave her alone. We need to focus on our situation right now." Glancing back at Hyun-Jae and leading her to another side of the room. "You okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Sorry. She got on my nerves and I just kind of lost it at her." She spoke.

"Hey. You did nothing wrong. You just want to keep your family safe from this mess and I understand. I would've done the same." He spoke before hugging her gently. Staying in the corner with her while the others did their own thing.

Hyun-Jae listened as she glanced up at him before nodding. "Thanks. You make me feel better." She spoke as she leaned up and pecked his cheek.

Su-Hyeok felt the peck from her before smiling as he grew flustered and glanced at her. "That's a good sign then." He spoke. Leaning down as he pecked her cheek back and grinning.

Hyun-Jae smiled back as she quietly chuckled. "It's a very good sign." She spoke at the moment. "I like it. You know just how to make a situation so much brighter and better." She teased.

Su-Hyeok chuckled and nodded. Leaning down as he gave her a small kiss as he gently kept his arms around her before pulling away at the moment. "Just for you." He spoke teasingly. Moving his arms away before pinching her cheeks softly.

Hyun-Jae pouted at his pinch as she glanced at him. Crossing her arms. "Hey. My cheeks are sensitive you jerk." She spoke. Moving his hands away from her as he laughed and moved away.