1

A/n: y/n = your name

(L/N) = last name

(H/L) = hair length

(H/C) = hair color

(E/C) = eye color

These will all be used during the story as followed, hope you enjoy!
(The cover of the book is not mine and credit to the original artists)

(Y/n's P.O.V)

"Hmm" you hummed as you read a book on calculus. You had learned to read early on in your life as you were always surrounded by books everywhere you went.

 You were currently seven years old and was sitting on the table, letting your little legs swing as your mother kneaded some dough.

"Y/N could you pass me the flour container please", your mother said as she smiled at you brightly. You slightly nodded as you put down the book and passed the flour to your mother, she had some flour and her forehead from wiping it with her hands.

You stared at it while twirling your h/c in your fingers letting your mother knead as she looked simultaneously at the cookbook making sure she read the instructions right.

You got off the table with the book in hand as you headed off to the counter for a cloth for your mother which she still hadn't noticed.

After you gave her the cloth and explained the flour, your mother beamed as she began to enthusiastically talking to you of how she was convincing your father to let Y/N go to this prestigious school where she could learn more, other than being in the house all day with her mother doing the daily chores.

You were glad you could learn something more challenging other then regular things.

Your mother was a stay at home wife while your dad worked as an underpaid assistant manager at the local lawyer firm. Your family had a long history of tragic deaths among the family which sadly included your older brother.

 Your mom and dad were the only L/N, even so you didn't mind so you weren't forced to socialize with the other people.

If they were as energetic as your mother you would feel the need to hide in the small library the house had.

Your mom softly talked about how much you resembled her father (your grandfather) with how you could easily detect the slightest change in a room or how you could decipher how other people were thinking in the matter of seconds.

She would also mention how smart you were like her father, you enjoyed hearing your mother's voice because it brought calm to know she was happy with you.

Your father arrived an hour before dinner which you decided you were going to follow him. 

His work was awfully long but easy to do. You watched over his shoulder once by sitting in the table behind him. He suddenly turned around and picked you up and sat you on his lap saying,

"Y/N if you want to look at me work just say so, you don't need to hide yourself"

You nodded and slightly smiled showing the appreciation towards your father as you turned around to once again face his worksheets.

At dinner your parents were talking about the school they were admitting you too, you got this jumbling feeling in your stomach, but it wasn't from the food.

You were still a kid and this new experience was quite thrilling, like finishing the latest newspaper scrabble after seeing your father struggle, or getting a new math or science book.

One time you stumbled upon a biology book of the human body, which you found amusing seeing your parents getting flustered that their 7 year old knew how babies were made.

Once the day ended and you went back to your room you relaxed and twirled your hair in your fingers thinking of the possible outcomes of the students reactions if you showed your usual cold expression and your high intellect.

You thought you shouldn't care about others, like usual. Sometimes you wished you cared more. You knew you longed for a certain feeling, but you weren't quite sure what it was. That was one of few things that bothered you.

With your eyes closed you were slowly falling asleep to the sound of crickets. That's when you hear loud sounds, shooting your eyes open once again.

A/N: I will focus the main chapters on developing and showing how Y/N is as a character and show a small mystery she solves due to wanting to make it important and involving a case other than the Kira case. I will of course get to the Near x reader part but for now I will do the things mentioned previously. Hope you understand and I will make sure to post extra long chapters to advance faster. Hope you have a good day and if you aren't I hope it gets better. I accept constructive criticism and feedback to improve my writing.