18

-----December 12, 2009-----

You and Near had arrived at the new SPK headquarters in Japan when Near called L (Light).
Near was on the floor building the Eiffel tower out of the same red material he used to build the Golden Gate Bridge.

The new room was better looking in your opinion and even had a Christmas tree which you and the rest of the SPK got together to decorate. 

While Near was on the carpet floor you were sitting next to him on the floor for the first time.

"This is Near. Get me L." said Near.

"This is L...What do you want?" asked Light.

"I'm going to arrest Kira and I'm here in Japan." said Near while holding a piece of paper that contained the paper for the Eiffel tower he was building. 

"L...You've contacted Tadaka the anchor and are investigation Kira, aren't you?" asked Near.

"Yes, I'm investigating her myself." replied Light.

"i thought so. Right now, it's a given that we must investigate NHN's Kiyomi Takada if we want to find Kira. So please tell Takada that SPK members have entered Japan in order to arrest Kira"

"Why?" asked Light.

"In order to lure Kira out. I also want to add this: There are only four members of the SPK, including myself. Kira won't run away. He'll definitely try to kill us. We're going to use that to beat him at his own game" replied Near.

You took note that Near had once again excluded you from being part of the SPK members and it looked like Near hadn't changed his mind since last time.

"I'm in Japan." said Near.

"I'm also in Japan."

"Then we may meet face-to-face soon." said Near.

"You're right."

"I'll look forward to that time"

"Yes" said Light calmly.

"We'll bring this business with Kira to an end once and for all."

"Definitely." said Light before Near hanged up.

"First, we have to figure out out current situation. L is Light Yagami. And Kira... Let's assume that there's an L-Kira. And there's another. X-Kira. He holds the notebook and is using it." said Near, pulling a figure that represents L-Kira and one for X-Kira.

"Judging by X-Kira's killings, he definitely has the Shinigami eyes. L-Kira and X-Kira plan to communicate through Takada." You say with a box of juice in your hands. 

Near made a small diagram of L-Kira, X-Kira and Takada making a triangle. Takada at the point of the triangle with the other Kira's on the side. Arrows pointing from L-Kira to Takada to X-Kira and the arrow between both Kiras.

"Indeed. So, i believe there are approximately two days to win against Kira." Near pulled a fake gun, with a cork as the bullet.

"Our first option... Is to kill L-Kira and X-Kira and take the notebook." said Near as he pulled the trigger, the cork bullet hitting both Kiras' making them fall backwards.

"But we will never resort to this method." You said, the straw in your mouth.

"Why not?" asked Rester.

"This is not how we do things." answered Near.

"'We'?" repeated Rester in a confused tone.

"That's right. Killing people and getting ex post-facto justification just by the fact that the killings have stopped. That's not the way that I, (F/N) and L do things." responded Near as he looked at the wooden Kira figures.