4

Y/N's POV

You were sitting on your bed and thinking of the robbery the two men were talking about.

Apparently, there were many other robberies and it seemed likely that the orphanage could be a possible target of this.

You didn't want the orphanage to run out of funds as that would also affect you, but you still had this lingering feeling there was more than what met the eye.

You thought it would be a good idea to sneak into the Head Master's office to look for more information that could help you.

Even so, you had to find a time where you were alone, no one would look for you and the headmaster wasn't in his office.

The orphanage schedule was pretty tight and it left little to no room to explore.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wake up: 8:00 a.m.

Breakfast: 8:30 a.m.

Chores: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Lunch: 12:00 p.m.

Teaching: 12:30 p.m - 6:00 p.m.

Dinner: 6:00 p.m.

Clean up after dinner: 7:00 p.m. - 7:20 p.m.

Get ready for bed: 7:50 p.m.

Free time: 7:50 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Lights out: 8:00 p.m.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You could use the free time, but that was such a short period of time and you couldn't leave the dormitory. It was best to save that time for something else.

You knew that the headmaster didn't sleep at the orphanage unlike the caretakers. He worked on running the orphanage such as finances so he didn't need to be here from dusk till dawn.

For you that was good news. You could sneak inside the office before he came here and before anyone woke up.

Since a young age you would stay awake reading books all night making it a great advantage when waking up early with little amount of sleep.

It was now the end of the day where you had to get ready for bed.

After first discovering the robberies, you had been busy all day making a different impression of who you were to others.

You made sure everyone had at least interacted with you once during the day that was different from your normal character.

You had all the adults thinking that you were very innocent and oblivious to everything. You made them to think you couldn't understand anything.

This could serve as an easy way to eavesdrop in the adults conversations without them being wary around you. It could also give you a reputation of a "good kid" who wouldn't dare wander around the orphanage.

You kept distance from the kids because if it seemed like you were friends with one of them they would look for you to play. You wanted them to NOT look for you so you avoided them.

All was set for tomorrow.

The game plan was simple. Wake up an hour earlier than everyone, sneak into the headmasters office, snoop around and get back into bed. No one would even notice you were gone.

The more you thought about it started to sounded too simple which made you extra cautious.

You took precautions where you knew a general idea where everyone would be during your absence in the dormitory.

You were glad you did because you overhead a pair of girls in charge of laundry complaining that a little girl would always wet her bed every night.

They also said that she would wake up and replace the sheets herself in the laundry room before going back to bed.

The laundry room was not right next to the office, but it certainly was in eyesight of the door. The laundry room had glassless windows in which you could see the whole hallway including the door.

You wanted to sneak into the headmasters office as soon as possible so you didn't want to wait another night to find out. When the girl woke up you  just had to be cautious of her.

With everything set for an exciting day tomorrow you went to sleep satisfied.

-----The next morning-----

You woke up to a cold sweat from your dream, this was beyond unusual. You haven't had a dream in years, but you couldn't really call it a dream.

It was about your brother.

'its been long since I've remembered that day' you thought

It was the day your brother died. He didn't actually die painfully, but it left you permanently scarred.

You had always been cold, but your older brother was the polar opposite filled with joy. He wanted what was best for others before himself and wanted to become a police officer when he grew up. Sadly that time never came.

Your brother died of brain cancer after your parents couldn't afford the treatment necessary.

You saw how many nights your parents would try to find ways to make the money and how they were slowly getting overloaded by debt drop by drop.

The worst part was how in the end nothing your parents would've done could have helped your brother. That was the first time you detested your high intelligence.

You knew perfectly well better then your parents that he would die and all the efforts they put in were for nothing.

You couldn't possibly tell them that though. The hope and running around for the hope that if they kept killing themselves and drowning in debts could save him.

All you could do was watch.

When you last saw your brother he still kept that smile brighter than ever as he said his final words,

"Y/N, I know you don't feel emotions like us, but please just try to be happy, for me."

Your parents still were trying to get their life together, only the obligation for your well-being kept them moving forward, but then grew to care even more for you.

All throughout you wanted to feel sadness, you wanted to scream and cry, but you couldn't.

You felt so heartless, you hated yourself with all your guts because you couldn't even feel what you wanted even when your own dear brother that you loved died.

Even when you wanted  it to feel emotions. lt felt like you were getting more and more emotionless instead.

You determined that you would make the most of this life and help others, like he wanted to. You wanted to make his last wish come true and find happiness.

 Even if you didn't know how you could do that.

You couldn't feel many strong emotions, but you still strengthen your will on right and wrong to better sympathize with others, well as much as an emotionless person can.

This changed your motives, you weren't going to catch the robber just because of inconvenience. You were going to catch him so you can fulfill your brothers death wish.

You would also become the greatest justice figure in the world

Author's Note: what do you guys think, yay or nay?

\