15

-----October 15, 2009-----

(In L.A. with Light, Aizawa, and Matsuda)

"Wammy's house house wasn't simply an orphanage. It was an institution for brilliant children to raise them to become the Second L. L's successor." said Aizawa.

" 'L's successor's " thought Light

"The one who ranked at the top was a boy called Near. Oh and a girl named (F/N) was tied with Near." continued Aizawa.

"Near....N... huh?"

"And the boy N mentioned, Mello, was ranked next after the two of them." said Matsuda.

"Near is L's successor there's no mistake... N is commanding the SPK. However... Who is (F/N? Near didn't mention her. Perhaps she's working with one of them in secret." thought Light

"No. Mello probably wanted to become L's successor. If that's the case, Mello would probably want to use any means necessary to get the notebook before Near. Near is convinced that Mello is involved. He's certain that he is."  thought Light with his chin on the back of his hand.

"These are sketches of the three of them." said Aizawa, sliding three sketches of Mello, Near and you.

"There are no photographs of them." continued Aizawa.

"L's successors. I'm still fighting L." thought Light. 

-----November 18-----

A month had past and Near was sitting on the floor surrounded by a small square wall of budling bricks and playing with a ramp and airplane.

You were drinking a juice box of your (F/J) and sitting on a chair in front of Near when Commander Rester entered the room of monitors.

"Near, F/N, i think it's time you told us your thoughts about this case." said Rester as he stood behind Near.

"The current Kira is foolish, his exchange with the Japanese force was far too convenient. Taking that into consideration. Kira is probably conspiring with the Japanese task force." 

Replied Near as he put an action figure with the words police on the vest and a grim reaper figure next to it.

" 'Conspiring'?" Repeated Rester.

"If that's the case, Kira is..." began Near.

"The new L." you said, taking the straw out of your mouth to finishing his sentence as Near took the mask off the police action figure.

"It can't be! Are you serious, Near, F/N?" asked Rester, surprised.

"Yes. But even though we say that we're serious, we're only seven percent sure." he paused.

"Commander Rester, we have to make assumptions during investigations. If we're wrong we can just say sorry." said Near as he played with the head of the action figure.

Right after you went to the big monitor of the room and changed it to the news. 

"I heard there was going to be a big international announcement from the president of the United States of America." You said as you picked the juice box back up to your mouth again.

When the announcement started you could see he looked sorrowful.

"We, the United States of America..." He paused and looked down on the podium, you could tell he was gripping the sides of the podium through the fuzzy and pixelated monitor.

"Acknowledge Kira and will do nothing to stand in his way." continued the President, looking to face the audience and the countless flashes from the cameras.