13

-----October 11, 2009-----

(after the director was kidnapped on the 8th)

You walk into the main operation room and see Near also entering.

"Good morning Near." you say, politely.

"Good Morning to you too F/n," Near said before walking into the room with you.

"I've sent John MacEnrow to talk with the Director of the Japanese police", Near said, sitting onto a chair and lightly spinning it and putting headphones on.

The rest of the team was already there and ready to listen onto the conversation of John. Near handed you a pair of headphones and you put them on, also waiting patiently.

"The Director is out at the moment. If it's all right, I'll listen to what you have to say.", said Mr. Yagami.

"Well that's fine. Excuse me for getting straight to the point, but the Japanese police are unreliable" said, John and then you heard footsteps from John.

"In order to solve the Kira case, we want you to hand over the notebook to our country." said John calmly.

"So it was the FBI!" you heard Mr. Yagami shout at John.

"Where have you taken our director?!" You heard Mr. Yagami shout again and then a surprised sound from John. That's when Near started to twirl a strand of hair.

"W-what are you talking about?" asked John as you could hear he was being shaked by Mr. yagami.

"Don't act like you don't know! This is a brazen criminal offense!" Mr. Yagami snapped back at John. 

"What would we gain by hiding the director of Japan's NPA?" asked John trying to convince Mr. Yagami that the FBI didn't abduct the director.

"Then how do you know about the notebook?!" asked Mr. Yagami, still shouting at John.

"What's going on?" you heard a team member ask as he seemed confused by the whole interaction. 

However you had already pieced what seemed to happen, but kept quiet as you knew Near would say it and you never wanted to be the one answering unless asked directly.

"It seems that the director of the NPA has been kidnapped by someone. Someone who wants the notebook" said Near as he continued to twirl a hair strand.

"Commander Rester." said Near.

"hmm?" answered Rester.

"Suggest to him that we'd like to help rescue the director and apprehend  the perpetrator. We'll take the notebook when we have a chance" said Near calmly.

"All right" said Rester.

"Can you hear me? This is headquarters. These your orders." said Rester before giving the orders Near gave.

~later in the night~

Near was making a structure made out of matches on his working desk and you observed him in your chair, waiting for news about John and the investigation.

That's when Commander Rester and another member of the team walked into the room, seemingly ready to tell news.

"Near, Y/N. The kidnapped director of the Japanese NPA was killed." said Commander Rester as Near stacked a new match on the structure.

"By whom?" asked Near, still focused on the structure.

"'By whom?' ", repeated the Rester.

"Perhaps Kira." you said quietly looking at Near's structure which got Rester a bit surprised form what you said.