7

Watari POV

When L asked me to go back to the mansion I was a bit surprised, but also happy.

Two people living in a big mansion gets kind of lonely, I hope she can bring more light into the mansion.

When we arrived I took Y/N's little belongings and took them over to an empty room where she would stay at.

"Watari make sure she's attended for and doesn't interrupt me" said L after I came out of Y/N's room.

"Okay, understood" I said, even though I don't think that little girl will stay put after seeing her in action during the car ride.

The next day---------------------

I was preparing the desserts and sweets for the day when I saw a little bit of (h/c) hair poking up the side of the island where I had the sweets.

I chuckled to myself, " you want any?"

The girl came out with a serious face and sat down on the island chair, even though I could see her struggle to climb onto the high chair which i thought to be quite adorable.

"I dont like sweets but thank you Watari" she responded, poking at the cakes with a fork.

"Should I make you something salty then?" I asked as I sat down on the chair next to her.

"Can... I have a map or directions around the mansion?" She asked, now dumping out the sugar in a ceramic bowl that was next to the coffee.

"You want to go to Ryuzaki's office don't you?" I asked, she paused slightly and climbed down, getting the salt container.

She sighed, "No I already found it, in fact I was kicked out after entering even though I hid. I just wanted you to think I would go to the front door to his office, but I would sneak into the sweets cart and enter that way."

She had already climbed on the chair and was scooping out salt and putting it into the bowl, replacing the sugar.

She has had less than a day here and she's already causing trouble, I smiled as I remembered L's first day at the Whammy house.

L had beaten some kids because they tried to hug and cuddle him, he was also possessive of his toys.

At least she's more subtle, I thought.

"It can still work Y/N, I can even help you." I smiled as I placed an arm on her shoulder.

She looked at me, her eye bags enhancing her endless (e/c) orbs.

She nodded with the edge of her lips moving upwards ever so slightly.

"Thank you Watari" she said.

A few hours when L requested for his sweets and coffee I pulled the cart out with Y/N inside.

I handed him the tray and pulled the cart a little backwards and then I stepped back, giving some space.

Y/N crawled slowly and quietly and walked behind L and sat.

She looked at the various screens that lit up room and started playing with her hair.

L sighed and turned in his swivel chair and looked at Y/N with a slightly irritated face.

He even looked at me with slight irritation.

"I thought I said I didn't want the kid here because she would be distracting" he said pointing at her.

Before I could respond the girl snapped back, "When I was with you before you seemed like a smart enough person to not be distracted by a small child, quietly sitting behind you. I guess you're not as big brained as your ego is"

I was concerned, the worst insult you can do to L is hit his ego, he probably didn't like getting insulted by the little girl.

L tapped his finger vigorously on his knees and bit his lip tight before responding back.

"My ego is probably less bigger than all of that stubbornness. You are slowly becoming more irritating than irrational people" he said staring right into the girls eyes.

She smirk, "I think you only feel that way because nobody has insulted and won you in an argument before. Or perhaps not by a small little girl like me."

"Talk about a big ego" L mumbled back turning around.

"Well, it's going to be a long day if I refuse to let you stay. You can stay here as long as you don't bother me or my work" L responded reaching for his tea and his "sugar" bowl.

"Okay that's fine with me" she said and sat down next to him, looking at him as he poured himself almost the whole bowl of "sugar" into his tea.

I walked closer so I could see L, he probably thought the girl wouldn't pull anything after being accepted into the room.

He took his cup and blew on it softly cooling it down. He then took a big sip before widening his eyes and spitting out the coffee followed by a coughing fit.

I had to admit that L being tricked by a little girl was amusing to see after he has been alone for a long time.

When L finally composed himself he sat perfectly still with his head down, the shadows covering his face.

"Y/N.... Did you just switch the sugar with salt? Ha. I thought you would still be upset when I kicked you out, but I thought you'd do it now not this morning"

He swiveled his chair quickly and stood up with fire in his eyes. This was also the first time someone had messed with his tea or sweets, so he was furious.

The little girl got up just as quickly ready for anything the raven headed would do.

L chased after the little girl and Y/N quickly ran out of the room, L following shortly.

I chuckled softly to myself as I saw the two of them tackle each other and use various methods of self defense on each other.

At some point they just had each other's hands on the others face, both on the floor.

It was the first time L had let his anger manifest into something else. In other occasions he would have just ignored that person instead of chase and tackle.

I was so glad to see L interact with someone like a sibling, even if it was out of anger. I may not have many years left after all so I need to make him treasure his.

A few hours later--------------------

It was already late at night time and I walked out of Y/N's after trying to tuck her in when I saw L leaning against the wall with his shoulder, his hands in his pockets.

"Watari, I knew that you told me to go in and get the girl so I could end up adopting her. I also knew that she would attempt something, but I was a bit surprised by the sugar exchange." L said in his monotone voice.

"Yes, i thought you'd catch on. Don't try to ignore her, you might even catch yourself enjoying a little girl in the mansion." I said, walking closer to L.

I heard Ryuzaki sigh, "maybe"

"She reminded me of you all those years ago in the Whammy House." I said fondly

"She's childish, doesn't like to lose and is stubborn." Said L closing his eyes and walking away.

I followed right behind him as he might need me. I also wanted to say a last thing, "She's just like you"

L stopped walking not turning back and only slightly nodded and continued to walk back to his office.