17

-----On the same day-----

Money started to fall from the sky and this made the people stop and instead fight for the money.

Everyone had put on a SWAT uniform with the masked helmet and bulletproof vest.

"Let's go. Right now, we can just walk out the entrance." said Near, still holding his action figures in his arms.

Once outside you all formed in the line with the police and marched out unscathed. Near's plan had worked perfectly.

~Later in the evening~

"This is Near." said Near to L through a call.

Near's action figures were now  on a desk in front of him. This time he was sitting in a chair, but with his usual crouching position. You sat next to him with the juice box you had in your pocket.

"We've reestablished a connection, so i decided i should give you a call. " said Near calmly.

"Near, you're safe." said L "worried".

"Members of the task force. I think it's about time that you have some certainty about who Kira is. We were attacked at a convenient time. It's like saying that Kira is in the Japanese Task Force Headquarters." Near said calmly.

"With this in mind, you're worse than a preschooler if you're not suspicious of the Second L. The number i gave the day before is working again, so call anytime you like. Well then, I'll be leaving." said Near with a smirk on his face.

Even though the riot was an annoying situation it helped to point further to the Second L which had Near so smug looking. 

~an hour later~

You and Near were looking over papers when Near got a phone call from the number he gave to the task force.

"Yes, this is Near." Near said, dropping some dice onto the papers of the members of the task force.

"This is Aizawa of the Japanese Task Force." said Aizawa from the other end.

"I see. How fascinating. So, that L was detained for more than 50 days and there were two suspects who were cleared due to the 13-day rule." said Near, dropping more dice on the papers.

"Of course, that alone doesn't mean that they're Kira." said Aizawa.

"So L just simply released them?" asked Near.

"No...L had Deputy Director Yagami who was Bureau Chief at the time. Put on an act. He said that they both had been found to be Kira and Second Kira and were taken to be executed." said Aizawa.

"During that, Deputy Director pointed a gun at the suspects and said that he would kill Kira and Kill himself. We rationalized if they were Kira, they would kill the Deputy Director if pressed that far." finished Aizawa.

"Did the suspect volunteer himself to be detained? " asked Near.

'Come to think of it, Light did volunteer to be detained.' thought Aizawa, his face started to sweat.

"If he did, then it's already decided. So who is it? Who were the two suspects?" asked Near, getting to a conclusion.

"I can't tell you that much. I'm still a member of the Japanese Task Force and am working under L." said Aizawa firmly.

"I understand. Thank you very much for your valuable information. Especially the part about the Shinigami eyes that enable people to see other's names. It's the first i've heard of it. It will be helpful. Good bye." said Near before hanging up.