Chapter 8

Chapter 8

It's Sunday today and I'm finally getting discharged. Yesterday, my blood pressure refused to go down, so Dr Zondo kept me here for an extra night. Siya left in the wee hours of the morning yesterday to attend his uncle's funeral and he only came back late at night. The amount of up and down that this man has been doing these past couple of days is ridiculous. I'm sure nemoto yakhe izisola uba yayithengelwa ntoni. (His car regrets why it was bought) As you know, Siya is very dramatic and he takes doctor's orders quite seriously, so here I am, being wheeled out of this hospital because this man REFUSES for me to walk even though the parking lot is not that far from the entrance of the hospital. I know Dr Zondo said I should take it easy and avoid 'stressful' and 'vigorous' activities but I'm sure that didn't include being restricted from walking about. We pass various people, some patients while some look like they're visiting their loved ones sitting on the cold steel chairs looking at us. I don't know if I'm seeing things or what, but I'm certain these people can see that I don't need to be wheeled out of here. But what can I say? Once Siya's mind is made, it's made up. We reach the car and Siya packs our things in the boot while I 'steadily', yes that's what he said, get inside the car under the watchful eye of yours truly. I roll my eyes inwardly as I watch him hover over me to strap the seatbelt on me. Yey, ingathi it's going to be a long five months. (Hey, it seems like) Idyan ayifuni niks nge cargo yayo. (The man wants nothing with its cargo) *eyeroll* He sees my annoyance and looks at me with a smug look on his face. "I love you too," he says before planting a wet kiss on my lips that leaves me wondering what I was annoyed about in the first place. Amadoda! (Men) After he's certain that he's secured his cargo properly, he joyfully jogs to the other side of the car and gets it. I expect him to bring the engine to life so we can go but instead he seems to be in thought. I look at him with a bit of concern now. "Siya?" He snaps his head and looks at me with a face I wasn't expecting. The idiot has a huge ass grin on his face, his face is beaming. Confused, I furrow my brows and analyse him further, "And then?" Instead of answering me, he leans his body forward toward me and places his face inches away from mine. I close my eyes. My breath hitches as I feel his warm breath fan my face. My body heats up as electric shock waves shoot through my entire body. Jehovah, what is this man doing to me? "Siya," I whisper. Again, he gives me no response. I flutter my eyes open and take a moment to look at this Xhosa God-given specimen before me. God surely took his time when he was making him. "I'm so happy," he declares with his lips that brush featherly against mine. Thixo! (God) I love you too, is what I want to say but my voice... Dololo. (Gone) I close my eyes again when I feel his warm hand against my thigh, brushing against the fabric of my dress. He slowly glides his hand up my thigh towards my waist and my inner whore comes alive. I slightly spread my legs open in anticipation of his touch against my mound but the idiot chuckles before retreating to his seat. No, he didn't! My eyes burst open, and I look at him in utter disbelief. "No baby, siphandle," he says as though I didn't know that. (We're outside) "And you're only realising that now?!" I snap. Again, he ignores me. "Ndicela uxolo sthandwa sam," he says in a voice that's clearly muffling a laugh. (I'm sorry, my love) Like hell he is! I know he doesn't mean it; I just know it. How dare he get me all hot and bothered only to leave me hanging like this! Emva koko enz'ingathi ndim lo usisbatywa! (After that he pretends like I'm the horny one) Nxa, bloody fool! I aggressively turn my body away from him, and stare outside the window with tears on the brim of my waterline. As for ukhalela iz'manga! (Crying for sex) Yho, Nomzamo! (Wow) I'm so annoyed right now. He turns my head with his fingers and makes me look at him; the idiot still has a smile on his face! Nxa. "I'm sorry, sthandwa sam. I promise to make it up to you as soon as we get home, okay?" (My love) Like a kid, I bop my head multiple times. "Sukhala ke MaDlamini," he says while wiping the lone tear that just rolled down my cheek. (Don't cry then) I nod my head again and wipe my eyes using the back of my hand. He plants a soft kiss on my lips before inkling back to his seat, bringing the engine to life. Suddenly, all the anger that I had just now has vanished at the promise of something steamy later. Mkq! I even have an appetite now, "Love, ndilambile." (I'm hungry) He chuckles softly while shaking his head, "Let's go feed you mama."