Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Words cannot even begin to describe how happy I am at this very moment. Siya has always and continues to show me his love in the most thoughtful and unexpected ways. Like teenagers, we drive out of our new home smiling and joking. It's like our love has been renewed, not that it needed any renewing, but we're rejuvenated, and even more in love. It's actually scary. I mean I never thought I could fall any deeper for this man but here I am, drunk in love. Who knew that a ring on my finger and a new house would have me smitten like this? Oh, don't get me wrong, I love this. "Awusancume," Siya teases me. (Look at you smiling) An even broader smile spreads across my face. "How could I not when I have a ring on my finger and a new house?" I say wiggling my ring finger and dangling our news house keys in front of his face. He burst out laughing. "Ingathi ndenzele umntu owrongo," he continues to tease. (I think I did this for the wrong person) I inwardly roll my eyes at him, "Ungaqali." (Don't start) Another thing I love about this man is his playful side. "Nangoku. Khona, have you decided uba sizoyaphi?" he asks, changing the subject. (Absolutely. Now... Where we're going to go) This man! "Hayibo baby, you do recall that we only spoke about going away this morning, right? Now, when would I have had time to decide on a destination?" (Wow) He steals a glance at me before turning his eyes back on the road, "Ndiyazelaphi? Abafazi are always ready to spend money" he says, chuckling softly. (How would I know? Women) The audacity! I smack his shoulder lightly, careful to not distract him from his driving. "Don't you dare!" I warn him. We continue joking around until we get home where I quickly pack for our first night in our new house. I have no idea where Siya is; he disappeared somewhere in the house to do God knows what. I quickly grab our essentials and pack them into one bag. We won't need much as we're only spending one night. As soon as I'm done packing, I head out of our bedroom in search of this man of mine. I find him in the kitchen reloading the picnic basket with more food. I smile as I watch him humming while drawing cross bows all over the kitchen. "Ndiyabona awukoneli," he says, startling me. I didn't think he noticed me standing by the door seeing that he did not once tilt his head my way. (I see you haven't had enough) "Singaqhubeka apho besiyeke khona xa sifika ekhaya," he says seductively while licking his thumb that has sauce on it. (We can pick up where we left off when we get home) This one and his idiocracy. "Stop being nasty. We need to go. Didn't you say they're delivering the bed this afternoon?" I ask to deter him from his train of thought. He chuckles when he catches on to what I'm trying to do. "I see what you're doing, and I'll let you be. And to answer your question, yes, they said they'll be delivering the bed later on today, but they said they'll call me when they are on their way," he says, closing the basket. I nod my head.

He takes one last sweep across the house just to make sure that we didn't leave anything on or leave any windows open and when he's done, he takes that basket and the travel bag to the car with me following closely behind him. When we get to the car, he helps me settle in before walking back to the house to lock up. "Ready?" he asks, looking at me. I nod my head. "Hayike, masiye emzini wakho mkam," he says, bringing the engine to life. (Well then, let's go to your house, wife) I chortle. Yazi uSiya. (You know) "You know I had no problem with this house, right?" And this is the honest truth. He may have bought it before we were together but that didn't matter to me. Wherever he'd built a home, was my home as well. "I know baby, but I wanted to buy you a house that you could turn into a home. A house that you'd be comfortable to raise our children in. One you'd truly know that you're the only woman, beside my sisters, who's ever stayed in it." I guess I didn't see things his way but then again, I'm not a fussy person, so I would've made our current house work. Yes, we would have needed more space but nothing that I couldn't work around. I mean, we could've extended the house at a later stage, but I'll take a new house over renovations any day.

"I hear you love. Ngoku, uzakwenzani ngalendlu?" (Now, what will you do with this house)

"Well, that's for you to decide, my love."