23

Nunew's POV

I backed away as my heart beat faster and faster. My palm started sweating due to me clutching my bag. The guy smirk , holding the knife in his hand.

"I need to call Zee .." I thought but I knew I couldn't. I am so close to dying right here. Suddenly someone kicked the knife out of the guy's hand making me turn to see Zee. Zee quickly grabbed my hand and we started running.

Third person's POV

Both Zee and Nunew kept running as the guy kept chasing them. They ran down the stairs as Nunew turned back to see the guy running after them.

"Over here." Said Zee as he found a way out of the building. Zee held Nunew's hand tightly as they run , trying to get to the car. However both of them stopped their track , seeing four guys that was dressed in black. Zee then pulled Nunew , running another way as the four guys ran after them. Zee quickly pulled Nunew to a corner.

"I want you to stay here while I deal with them." He said as Nunew shook his head.

"Don't leave me .." begged Nunew.

"I'll be back , I promise your highness , stay here and I'll come and get you .." assured Zee as Nunew then nod hesitantly. Nunew slowly let go of Zee's hand even though he didn't want to.

Zee met the four guys as the four of them smirk , grinning.

"You want the prince , you gotta go through me first .." said Zee as then one of the guys ran up to him but Zee blocked him. One by one the guys came to attacked Zee but Zee being the greatest bodyguard , tried blocking each of their punches. Zee kicked one of them in the stomach as he punched the other guy. Suddenly a guy took out his knife making Zee chuckle. The guy tried to attack Zee with his knife but Zee grabbed his arm , twisting it making him shout in pain , dropping the knife.

Zee flipped the guy on the ground , breathing hard but out of a sudden a guy came and kicked Zee hard on the back making Zee fall onto the ground. The guy went on top of Zee and started choking him by holding Zee's neck. Zee tried his best to push him away but the guy wouldn't budge. Zee's face turned red as he was running out of breath.

Nunew , who was watching from the start decided to go out of the hiding spot , grabbing a huge concrete rock which ended up scratching him on the palm. Nunew hissed in pain but he couldn't care less. He then run towards the guy and hit him on the head hard with concrete rock. The guy loosened his grip around Zee's neck , dropping on the ground , unconscious. Zee coughed , gasping for air as Nunew breathe hard. He let go of the rock , running towards Zee.

"Zee !" Nunew panicked as Zee coughed , holding his neck. Nunew looked at him worriedly. Zee looked down to see Nunew's left palm bleeding. Zee quickly tore a piece of his shirt , wrapping it around the palm.

"Come on .." said Zee as he carefully got up with Nunew's help.

"Lets go .." he said , holding Nunew's non injured hand as they run to the car. Zee opened the door as Nunew got in. Zee quick ran to the driver seat , starting the engine and quickly drove off.

The whole car ride was silent. Nunew knew that this was all his fault. He let his stubbornness get in a way of his emotions. One thing he can't forgive himself is that he let Zee get hurt just from saving him again. Nunew turn to look at Zee who was driving. He could see Zee's serious face as he drive. They pulled up to the house as Zee got out of the car , walking around the car to open the door for Nunew. Nunew got out as Zee shut the door.

"Zee .." Said Nunew but Zee grabbed his hand , walking in the house.

"Your highness , you don't know how wo-."

"Get the first aid kit." Said Zee , cutting Maria off as he pulled Nunew to the living room , without saying anything. Zee sat him down on the couch and soon Maria walked in with a first aid kit.

Nunew's POV

I watch Zee as he remove the cloth from my palm , revealing a huge scratch on my palm. Zee then grabbed a cotton wool , putting some Chinese medication on it. He then gently dabbled the cotton wool on my scratch making me clutch my pants due to the sting. After he was done , he grabbed a huge plaster , putting it on the scratch. He then wrapped a bandage on it to secure it. He look at me before getting up. He was about to walk away when I got up , hugging him from behind.

"Don't leave me ... please .." I croaked.

"I am sorry ... I shouldn't have left .." I said , hugging him tightly. He then slowly turned around as I look at him. He looked at me caressing my cheek before pulling me into his embrace. I hide my face on his neck , hugging him tightly. He caress the back of my head as I melt in his arms.

"I know you are mad at me .." he said as I lifted my head up.

"I am not mad at you .." I said , fiddling with my shirt.

"Then why are you avoiding me ?" He asked and I sigh.

"Is it .. about the kiss ?" He asked as I look at him before looking away.

"Your highness .. please , look at me .." he said but I couldn't do so. He then grabbed my chin gently , turning me to face him.

"I just ..." I said and sigh.

"Was the kiss really a mistake to you ?" I asked.

"The kiss didn't mean anything to you .. right ?" I asked , earning a sigh.

"It wasn't a mistake .." he said.

"It's just that .. I shouldn't have kissed you when you were drunk .." he said.

"I am sorry if my words hurt you .." he said.

"Then ... can I ask you this question ?" I asked and he nod.

"Do you like me ?" I asked.

"It's okay if you don't .. I just want to know .." I said softly.

"Yes." He said making me look at him.

"I do like you , your highness .." he said.

"I liked you from the start .. ever since I first saw you back at the funeral .." he said.

"Your eyes .. I could tell that you were in pain ... and that made me feel like I should protect you .." he said.

"That's one of the reasons why I decided to take up this job .. not only because I want to repay the king for what he's done for me .. but also .. because ... his son made me feel some type of way .." he said , looking at me. 

"But I don't think I can use the word 'like' anymore ..." he said making me frown.

"Why not ?" I asked.

"Because I think .. I am in love with you .. your highness .." he said.