46

Nunew's POV

I frown , opening my eyes but soon squint them due to the sunlight. I slowly sat up and soon held my back , frowning as I felt no pain.

"Zee ?" I called out , looking around. I slowly got out of bed , walking out of the room.

"Zee !" I called out. I frown and went down the stairs as the place was awfully quiet.

"Nat ! Max !" I called out as I walked towards the living room.

"Zee !" I called out. I then stopped my track hearing faint music coming from the living room. I frown , realizing it was one of Mother's favorite classic song. I slowly push the door open and soon saw a woman on the couch , reading a book. I walked in making her turn , revealing herself. I froze in my spot as she close her book , getting up.

"Mae .." I said softly.

"My Nhu .." she said as she then open her arms.

"Mae !" I said , running towards her. I hugged her tightly as she hugged me back.

"My son ... you don't know how long I've wanted to see you .." she said as I close my eye , letting my tears go. She pulled away , cupping my cheeks.

"Why are you crying my baby angel ?" She asked softly making me sniffle.

"I .. just missed you so much .." I said making her smile. She then kissed my forehead.

"I missed you too .." she said as I smile. We both sat down as she held my hand , caressing it.

"Mae .. I am so sorry .. for breaking our promises .." I said as she shook her head.

"Baby .. it's okay .. I am not mad .." she said.

"I am okay now .. don't you worry .." she said making me smile. I then hugged her making her caress my head.

"You've grown up beautifully Nhu ... Mae is sorry that I didn't get to see you grow up ..." she whispered. I sigh in relief in her arms , closing my eyes feeling the warmth of my mother which I missed so much.

"Nhu .." she called making me hum in reply , sitting up. She fixed my hair , caressing my cheek.

"There's something I want to show you .." she said as she got up.

"Where are we going ?" I asked as she pulled her hand out.

"Come .." she said as I grabbed her hand , getting up. I held her hand as she lead me to a place.

"What is it that you want to show me ?" I asked as we stopped in front of a door.

"It's right behind this doors .." she said.

"Why don't you go find out ?" She asked as I look at the door. I slowly let go of her hand , pushing the door open. I look at her and she nod. I slowly walked in realizing it was a ballroom. I then saw someone standing in the middle of the ballroom. I walked towards him as he slowly turn. I froze in my spot as he smile.

"Kanin .." I said as he smile.

"Nhu .." he said.

"We finally meet .. my nephew .." he said. He then opened his arms , smiling. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I then ran towards him , hugging him tightly. I smile , hugging him as he caress my head gently. I pulled away as he held my arms.

"Your mother wasn't kidding when she told me you look exactly like me .." he said making me chuckle , wiping my tears away.

"Why are you crying hm ?" He asked.