CHAPTER SIXTEEN: LUNCH PARTY.

KATHERINE'S POV.

Can anyone ever get used to getting married to a very powerful man?
To one of the most powerful person in the country?

Well... I still can't grasp that fact because any single second I seem to forget who he is, I am suddenly reminded of who my husband is. Caspian Montgomery.

For instance, this lunch party that Elizabeth had kindly invited me to. The rest of the family are all there. Those who I only saw at the wedding, who only came to say hello but couldn't say the words I could clearly see in their eyes because they fear my husband.

But right now he wasn't here. I had come all by myself after the call from Elizabeth. But I suppose Caspian would be aware if it by now. The man monitors me regularly, it bordered on creepy. But Caspian was a man who liked things done his way and as long as those men in black keep their very far distance from me I'm fine... for now.

I couldn't help but feel self conscious in my simple casual blue knee length dress paired with a darker blue denim jacket with a pair of white sneakers.
I should have known that when very rich people calls something ' Casual' it was far from Casual.

I had gotten the impression that it was a simple lunch and I'll have the opportunity to bond with Elizabeth which I was looking forward to because my mother-in-law was an amazing person. 

"Bianca" a young lady who looks a little younger than I was said as she settled in the chair that stood beside mine.

I raised my brows in confusion at her statement. She took a sip of her yellowish drink before looking up at me in a bright smile.

"I'm Bianca. Caspian's little cousin. " She explained like I should know who she was.

"We met at the wedding." Sje explained further.

I cleared the look of confusion off my face even though I was still confused about who she was, as I hardly remembered the people at the wedding.  I barely paid attention that day as i was so nervous about marrying a stranger, especially if that stranger was caspian.

"Oh." I smiled. "It's nice to see you again Bianca."  It's easier to pretend that I remember who she was.

"Why are you sitting by yourself. You should mingle with the rest of the family. A lot of us are curious about you." She tilted her head towards the groups of expensively dressed women who gave me curious sideways glances which I had noticed for few minutes.

"We all want to know about you. After all we've never heard about a girl with Caspian. You can imagine our surprise when we heard that Cousin Caspian was getting married." She leaned towards the arm rest of her chair and leaned closer to me.

I could see the genuine curiosity in her eyes.

"Well.... I'm Katherine and I'm a graduate of  business administration . I own and mange some cafès -"

"Oh, we know about all that already." She chuckled.

"Then I don't know what to tell you." I took a glup of the water in my half empty glass.

"How did you and Caspian meet?"

"What?"

Her eyes were filled with curiosity.

"How did you meet? Where was your first date,  your first kiss? When did you know you've fallen in love with him? How did he propose?" She was literally almost bouncing off her seat as she asked her questions over each other.

"Stop bothering her. I was gone for less than two minutes and you are already all over her." Elizabeth walked towards us with her usual air of elegance around her.