30. Epilogue

As requested I wrote a short epilogue to give this book a proper ending. And I feel you guys deserve it too. Hope you enjoy.
————————————
2 years later:

As you prepare yourself for change, you never really know what you are going to receive. You wait anxiously for new memories to be made, the bad and the good. You realise that some things come to an end, and new things arise from it. In this case, I still had my family, my friends and my lover.

Neteyam and I had grown even closer over the years, sticking by each other through the good and bad, the sad and the joyful. Our scars were a constant reminder of the events that had occurred years back, even though prominent in our memory, it helped us grow, realising the importance of family. It allowed the Metkayina to grow stronger together, my relationship with my parents grew much closer, my siblings too. At the same time it taught me many lessons of forgiveness, growth and prosperity. I allowed myself to care more for my wellbeing and feel more confident in the face of change.

Spider had grown too, he was soon sent back to Norm and the others after the war, knowing he felt more comfortable in the forest than anything. When Kiri heard the news, she cried a lot, but he promised to come visit which she was hopeful of. Tuk was now 9 years old, as playful and confident as ever, now able to ride an Ilu with no help at all. I was so proud of her, the little girl had been through so much yet grew to be so strong. Lo'ak and Reya had grown close too, their young love warming my heart as I witnessed it day by day, never faltering.

Jake and Neytiri had become like second guardians to me, allowing me to stay in their home without question, or popping in to visit with no enquiry or question why. I felt apart of their family, a connection I never wanted to get rid of.

Neteyam and I had continued with our dates to watch the stars as always, never getting bored with the idea of sitting with each other in silence and simply existing within each others presence. The feeling of tranquility was indescribable. I grew to love him even more than I could have ever imagined, knowing in my heart who shall be by my side for the rest of my years and I shall be by his. I am still to this day searching for a word that describes the feeling this man brings me.

In the end I was a dreamer, and he was my dream..
———————————-
The real end
Once again thank you all for the support, it means the absolute world. You guys have really started off my 2023 with such positivity. Happy new year.