9. Celebration

Music, cheer, dance all joyous actions. Everyone in the tribe gathering for this occasion of gathering together. No worries or duties on anyone's mind just pure bliss and serenity around the people you love and care for. A group of beautiful singers sang angelically to us all, a large bonfire in the middle, the flame heating our bodies.

Reya grabbed my hands as we spun around together, laughing with such ecstasy, as though nothing else mattered in the world.
My brother and Rotxo watching us mess around which seemed to amuse them. Jake and Neytiri spoke with my mother and father, they seemed to be enjoying the time together.

My father rose from his seat as though to say one of his wonder outs speeches.
"We all come together by the guidance of Eywa, all that is happening takes place for such a reason. We are blessed with the food we eat and the water we drink to allow our lasting survival. We hunt with care and we work together for balance. Balance is what we need and that is how or survival is Maintained. And in the eyes of conflict, we shall face it head on without fear and without regret."
His speeches always made me stare in awe with his way with words. His voice being able to project so loudly that every person listened, even the youngest of us. I strived to be able to be a leader like my father even though Aonung would one day be our true leader after all. It was a dream that only could stay a dream, and very really be reality. Many cheered at his words, clapping and dancing too.

I sat next to Neteyam listening to the music, swaying slightly.
"You seem to be enjoying yourself." He chuckled.
"Mhm, are you?"
"Indeed, we never have large celebrations like this often unless there's a birth or anything like that." He explained.
"Well, welcome to the tribe, our celebrations are endless but meaningful." I joked.
"I am happy to be here." He smiled at me.
"Me too." I said softly looking at him fondly. Looking at his eyes once again, it felt trance-like to look at them for a long period of time.

The music suddenly got much louder as I snapped out of my thoughts. I knew it meant the instigation of the new challenge. The Sully's had permission to use the Ikran to look at us climb, and Reya and Aonung would be able to tag along. Aonung would get on Kiri's and Reya would get on Lo'ak's.

My heart was beating very fast, I was nervous to try and win and honour my parents who had raised me.
"These seven will be tasked to see who can climb the highest peak of the tree, whoever reaches it first wins overall! It will take a lot of mental and physical strength to do so as these trees are very tall. On my mark you shall begin, three, two, one, NOW!"

Immediately I look at the whole tree before going up looking for something to grasp. I tried to remember stories of what The Sully's had told me to try assist myself. Cheers and clapping echoed in the night as I kept climbing and climbing. Two people were ahead of me I couldn't tell who they were and at that point I didn't care. I needed to find a way to overtake them. Looking around at the others trees I tried to think of something that could help me. The tree we were climbing was one of the highest in the forest making it the pinnacle focal point of the land.

Taking a risk I jumped to another tree trying to gain some pace without worrying about others behind or in front of me, but I knew soon I would have to jump back again. The tree I had climbed on wasn't the highest so all I needed to do was get to the top and jump from tree to tree to gain some height. The wind hit my face like a bullet.

Reaching the top of the smaller tree, I noticed Neteyam circling the area, until I saw the whole Sully family come into view.
"Go on Y/n!" Neteyam and Lo'ak collectively yelled.
"Hell yeah Y/n you got this!" Jake exclaimed to me.
"Come on Y/n! Don't disappoint me!" Aonung joked making me roll my eyes.
Taking a deep breath I jumped, as though in slow motion I felt myself grab onto the leaves and lift myself up realising that I was ahead now making me grin.
"Yes Y/n!" I heard Neteyam yell making me smile even more at his encouraging words.
"Be strong!" Neytiri yelled encouragingly.

I could see it's peak so close to me. My muscles ached, my whole body shivered in the cold as i got higher but I was almost there. The encouraging words of the others is what kept me going, especially Neteyam's oddly enough. I focused on nothing else as if the only thing that meant something was this victory. Closer and closer I got, but I could feel the rustle of leaves below me, someone was gaining on me. Looking down for a moment I could see them nearby, but I still was ahead by a good amount.

In a split second I felt myself slip slightly, my body going down, but my hands still held the branch tight.
"Y/n!" I heard Reya yell.
"I'm fine!" I yelled back to try console her. Regaining my composure I took a deep breath, slowing my heart rate just like when under water. I needed to make this challenge my own. I swung back and forth to gain momentum until I finally swung fully to grab onto the branch above.
"Woohoo yeah Y/n!" Jake shouted happily, "Keep going!"

With one final push, Ignoring the pain in my muscles I pushed up, grabbing the top of the three as though it was some sort of trophy.
"WOOHOO!" I yelled loud and proud, my heart racing with adrenaline.
"YES Y/N!" Lo'ak shouted.

Neteyam's Ikran swooped down to get me grabbing my hand softly and lifting me up so I sat behind him. I lightly grabbed his shoulders as I looked from below, amazed at the fact that I was actually flying.
"I'm so proud of you." He smiled making me grin with pride.
"The fact you got to fly all the time amazes me, it's wonderful." I smiled.
"Maybe you can get your own one day." He laughed.
"I hope so."

Once we landing back my father gave me a huge hug in response to my victory, both him and my mother had a huge smile on their face.
"We are so proud of you." She smiled at me, making my heart warm.
Reya got off Lo'ak Ikran and practically tackled me into a hug which I returned. Aonung gave me a high five and Tuk jumped into my arms giving me a hug too.
"You did so well!" She beamed at me.
"Thank you Tuk,"

The night continued on, with more dance, cheer and song. Many congratulated me on my achievement, even one of the elder's approached me.
"My my you have really proven yourself tonight young lady." He said a bit hoarsely.
"Thank you so much." I smiled.
"I know for a fact that you will make a mighty warrior one day." He said before making his way to the others.
I beamed at Neteyam who was standing with me, my heart full of pride. He returned the smile, understanding my joy.
The statement repeated in my mind over and over again.

I would be that mighty warrior..

———————————————-
Am I the only one who thinks Aonung would be scared of heights? Anyways hope you guys like this!
-Author out