my apology

I wrote this as an apology for you guys, sorry for making you cry. I hope you like this though, its quite wholesome.
——————

The horn blared signalling that the hunting team had returned, meaning that Lo'ak, Aonung and Neteyam were back. I would have loved to have joined them on the hunting trip but I had other duties to attend to for the day.

Swiftly making my way to the beach, my eyes landed on my brother who shot me a smile. The whole group looked delighted and also proud.
"I see you brother, welcome back." I smiled.
"I see you sister, it is good to be home after a successful hunt." He remarked briefly hugging me.
My gaze turned to Neteyam who greeted me with his bashful grin.
"I see you my love." I said, kissing his cheek gently.
"I see you, are you well?" He asked, cupping my cheeks.
"I am, yet you look in pain, what is the matter?" I questioned.
"Oh it is just a scratch." He remarked, turning around to reveal a wound on his back.
My head tilted slightly, inspecting the wound carefully, "How did it happen?"
"My Ilu got scared by a large roar in the distance so I crashed into some coral, but I'm fine." He brushed off.
"Let me treat you Neteyam, follow me." I said gently taking his hand in mine.
He turned to Lo'ak and Aonung, "This is what I get for dating the Tsahìk's daughter," he joked causing the boys to erupt with laughter.
I rolled my eyes as I dragged him to the hut, trying to suppress my laughter.

Sitting him down in my hut, I went to grab my things. The wound wasn't too bad, but could easily get infected.
"Why do you always worry for others rather than yourself when you are injured?" I asked after some silence.
"How do you mean?" He questioned.
"Your mother once told me of how you had been attacked by the sky people, your chest had been battered with wounds yet you still refused treatment right away, saying your brother needed to be treated yet you were in worse shape."
"I don't like to worry others." He muttered.
"Even after the attack, I tried treating your shoulder wound, but you refused immediate treatment." I sighed at the memory.
"My love, you had been shot in the arm, I worried more for you than anything." His comment made me laugh.
I put my things down, cupping his cheeks gently, "And I am still here, safe with you."
He smiled, the smile I fell in love with ever since the first days of meeting.
"And I thanks Eywa that you are here." He whispered, tracing the scarring on my waist from my near death experience.
"Now let me treat you, my daring warrior." He chuckled at the nickname that I had given him so long ago.
"Fine, just because I love you." He teased.
I rolled my eyes, sitting down behind him to treat the wound.
Applying the disinfectant, he hissed slightly gritting his teeth.
"Who's the mighty warrior now Hm?" I whispered in his ear.
"You win, you win." He admitted, closing his eyes as the disinfectant settled on the wound.
"Hurts every time doesn't it?" I laughed.
"Uh huh, but you make it tolerable." He complimented, heat rushing to my cheeks.
How he still had his way with words baffled me, making me feel shy and loved to this day.

"All done." I said softly, finishing off his treatment.
He turned to face me, planting a gentle kiss on my lips, "Thank you my love."
I smiled, "I'm glad you're here."
"I wasn't gone for too long was I?" He asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.
"No, but I feel more at ease knowing you are here." I said softly, breaking eye contact for a moment.
He tilted his head slightly, silent for a moment, "Are you having nightmares again?" He asked me quietly.
I didn't answer, looking at the floor silently.
"Y/n, you can talk to me." He said, my name sounded perfect as it rolled off his tongue.
"It.. has happened a few times now."
He let out a sigh, "Why didn't you tell me?"
"Just like you say, I don't like to worry others." I said with a small smile.

He pulled me closer to his chest, stroking my hair softly, "I know that the memory plagues your thoughts, but remember I am here now, nothing is going to happen to me as long as I am here with you. I want you to remember that." He reassured, looking into my eyes.
He wrapped his arms around me, allowing me to lay against his chest, sighing softly, "I know, I know, these nightmares just won't stop."
"Can you promise me something?" He asked.
"Hm?"
"Promise me that if you have another nightmare again you tell me, and if you have another you tell me again, no matter how many times. Will you do that for me?"
I nodded, "Okay, I promise Neteyam."
He gave me his signature smile, "I love you."
"I love you too." I responded, nuzzling into his chest, his arms tightened around me.

The love I felt for him washes over me like waves crashing on a sandy beach, an endless love that will last a lifetime. It would always be him,

Forever and always..
———————-

I hope you guys forgive me haha.
-Author out