C.1

Hi guys and happy new year to everyone!
Here I am! New year, new story.
I'm extremely moved by your kind words, your appreciation and your comments.
I will be just as happy to read your comments, to receive your votes if you want to face this new journey with me, together with Maya, Carina and "the little one", Viviana.
This story begins six months after the end of the previous one and will follow the chronology from there. There will be moments written in italics, which will instead be flashbacks, both from the past and from the six months between the two stories. I hope that is clear enough!
So, thank you in advance and happy reading!
See you soon. 

Six months after moving in.

I have been fidgeting all day without really being able to understand why. Shortly after Maya moved permanently into our house, I had to hurriedly get off the happy cloud when I got a call from Viviana's kindergarten to tell me that she was starting to have strange behaviors: they immediately reassured me that it was nothing too alarming, but definitely something different from my daughter's usual active and lively behaviors. She started eating a little less, spending most of her time alone in a corner playing with dolls, but not interacting with her little friends. The teachers asked her if there was anything in particular, if she had quarreled with anyone, they told me they even obviously investigated if something had happened at home, but Viviana strongly denied everything, remaining locked in her silence. I immediately talked about it with Maya, who felt responsible for my daughter's change and convinced me to talk to her alone.

It's been about an hour that Maya and I have been arguing, because she insists that I should take time alone with my daughter to talk about her moving here to our house.

C < you insist that I have to do it alone, because as usual you want to take away all responsibility...> Maya snorts.

M < or maybe I want to be so responsible that I think it's better that way..>

C < you keep emphasizing that she is MY child, as if she is just too much baggage for you..> she rolls her eyes and gets up from the couch as well.

M < I won't go on in this discussion with you, because I don't want to make things worse.>

C < no, instead tell me what you think! > she sighs and crouches down in front of me, resting her hands on my knees.

M < amore...the fact that I can have the lucidity to see things rationally doesn't mean that I don't care about you..about the both of you.. nor that I don't want to commit myself. I just think that you and Viviana have lived together all these years, alone. There was never anyone else she could turn to if she was hungry, no one to comfort her if she cried, except you. All I'm saying is that maybe caught up in our desire to be together we didn't take her opinion into enough consideration. And this piece has to be done by you, because it is from you that she has to feel reassured...>

C < because you don't matter enough...> she smiles.

M < I want to be as important to her as she decides. But it's not me she's afraid of losing...> I snort.

C < so I'm selfish?> she shrugs and then reaches out to kiss the tip of my nose.

M < we are all selfish in love.... You're not irresponsible though, we're not stupid..>

C < what does that have to do with it?>

M < that you don't have to be afraid that you've run too far.... We just have to explain things differently to Viviana, but it doesn't mean that things between you and me have to slow down..> I nod and just then the alarm clock on my cell phone rings, reminding me that it's time to pick up my daughter from school.