23. Empty Threats

Tw: Cursing, Fighting, Threats

~

~🌒🌑🌘~

~🌖🌕🌔~~

~🌖🌕🌔~
~

             Luna's form was tense as she stared at a long-tongued ninja who was currently holding a kunai in said tongue, holding it out to Anko. Anko herself was holding another kunai, tight in her grip as she looked over her shoulder at the genin. If she was uncomfortable by the genin's sudden presence, she didn't show it.

Luna was a different story.

Her hand kept fiddling with the kunai on her thigh, energy buzzing within her as she kept her hard gaze on the trio. Orochimaru was too close to not only one person she cares about, but two. The conversation she had with Anko just a few minutes prior was still fresh in her mind, and along with that was paranoia. Had he heard their discussion? Did one of his little followers hear their discussion? Did he know? What if he attacked early? What if he knows?

The constant questions were practically killing her inside, and it took one glance at her teammates to tell that they could feel it too. That and the familiar stare that burned through her skull. It didn't surprise her that he'd be the first to catch on. If anything, she was expecting it but that still didn't help her predicament.

Luna watched as Orochimaru backed away from Anko, allowing her to do the same. An easy smirk worked its way to the woman's lips.

"Seems as if today everyone has a quick temper, hm?" She mused as her eyes stayed focused on the retreating back of the genin. From behind her, Naruto gritted his teeth. Luna sighed through her nose before stepping forward to pull the blonde away from the proctor's path.

"Now, before we begin this exam, I have something I need you all to sign." She paused as she dug into her jacket, pulling out a thick stack of papers. "It's a simple consent form that I need you to sign and return before the exam."

"What for?" Naruto questioned, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the papers in the woman's hand. Luna answered for her.

"Some of us won't survive the exam or at least won't leave unscathed. They need to confirm that we know the risk and still wish to proceed." The brown-skinned girl explained. While the genin soaked up the information, Anko chuckled as she nodded in confirmation.

"Exactly, Champ! Otherwise, it'll be my responsibility!" She joked. Her eyes hardened once more as she slowly went into 'proctor mode' as Luna liked to call it.

"Alright! While these papers are being handed out, I'll start explaining the exam."

Luna studied the paper in her hand, scanning through the information on it with ease. She was pulled out of her thoughts by a shoulder shoving into her own. A scowl formed on her lips as her stormy eyes met silver ones.