17. The Battle of the bridge ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²

TW - Gore/Blood, Swearing

~
~🌒🌑🌘~

~~🌒🌑🌘~

~🌖🌕🌔~

The trio's heart stopped as the pinkette collapsed in front of them, Luna reaching out to catch her last second. Haku's eyes widened in disbelief as he watched Luna hastily check the girl's pulse, which was gradually getting weaker.

The trio crowded their teammate as Sasuke tossed a roll of bandages to Luna who was removing needles from Sakura's body, putting pressure on the more fatal wounds and wrapping them. Naruto hovered over her head, trying to keep his teammate awake.

Luna's gaze wandered to Sakura's forearm, noticing the intense bruising and swelling as her eyes widened in confusion.

She lifted her gaze away from her teammates glancing around the ice dome. It didn't take her long before she noticed the large gaping hole in the wall as if something had shattered it. Her eyes widened even larger than before if possible as she gazed at the shattered wall.

'How-?'

"L-Luna?"

The said girl's gaze snapped towards where her name was called. Sakura's eyes fogged with worry as she stared up at the girl. The Brisa stared at her teammate before smiling softly in reassurance.

"Just relax." Luna's hand softly squeezed the girl's unbruised hand.

Luna's words reassured the girl enough for her shoulders to relax as she laid her head against the brick of the bridge.

Luna immediately went back to work only to look back up as Naruto stared at his injured teammate. Anger coursed through his veins as his eyes traveled to her bruised hand. Despite Sakura not being on a team with the trio for long, She became close friends with them. Naruto was always known for protecting and valuing his friends over almost everything. It stung knowing he had to weakly stand by and watch as his friend was injured, not having the strength to do anything.

The nine tails within him fed off his hatred allowing his chakra to seep out of the boy.

Naruto rose to his feet. His eyes were now covered by his hair as he glared at Haku who was still watching from his window.

"I will never forgive you for this."

A shiver ran through both Luna and Sasuke as they stared uneasily at Naruto. The said boy lifted his, now blood red animalistic-like, eyes to meet Haku's.

Haku's breath hitched as he froze under Naruto's gaze.

Luna, noticing the growing red chakra starting to surround Naruto, quickly nudged Sasuke's shoulder causing him to snap out of whatever trance he was in as she nodded towards Sakura.

Sasuke picked up the unconscious girl bridal style as Luna kept a hesitant eye on Naruto, slowly rising to her feet.

Sasuke tugged on the brown skinned girl's wrist catching her attention as he nodded towards Naruto. Luna's eyes widen slightly before nodding in agreement.