4. The Academy

Tw: Swearing

~🌒🌑🌘~

~🌖🌕🌔~

~🌖🌕🌔~

        Luna groaned as she turned on her side. She sighed through her nose as she peeled her eyes open, glancing at the clock on her bedside table.

5:32

Yeah, there's no way she's going back to sleep anytime soon.

She groaned again this time in annoyance as she stretched out her limbs. She stared up at the ceiling listening to the quietness that filled the house before a sigh escaped her lips, finally deciding to get up. The blankets that once covered her shoulder now pooled around her waist as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She glared down at the blanket before shoving it off her and sliding off the bed.

Her feet touched down on the cold floor, a shiver running down her spine. She couldn't help but yearn for the warmth of her bed. She tiptoed out of her room and into the hallway where she slipped into the bathroom. She took one glance into the mirror before looking away in distaste. Her once neatly fluffed curls had turned fuzzy and tangled on her head, her eyes were drooped with exhaustion and her lips were dry and chapped. Not as presentable as she wished.

With one glance to the mirror, Luna quickly turned the shower water on and stripped before stepping into the scorching water.

~🌒🌑🌘~

        Luna sighed as she finally stepped out of the bathroom, her appearance now presentable. She wore a simple short sleeve black shirt and black baggy shorts, both of which were not hers. Her hair's fluffy curls had returned after being washed and dried, much to her approval, and finally, she fixed her crusty lips with chapstick that was offered to her by the lovely Uchiha mother.

Luna walked back into her room, only to gasp sharply in surprise taking a step back into the hallway. The desk that was once empty, now had pictures from her old house splayed over it. She froze as she stared at the pictures that her mother took. Many of them were all three of her children, either goofing off or doing small things that became normal in their family. Such as Leo falling asleep in weird places around the house.

Beside her mother's photos, pictures that Luna herself took were also splayed out on the desk. Most of them being her siblings and mother. She didn't own any pictures of her father, not that she minded much but still, she would've liked something to remember him by at the very least. Luna gazed at the pictures on her desk with a sad smile. There was a bittersweet nostalgia in her chest as she gazed at them. Most of the pictures were taken in her old bedroom. Where her little sister would come skipping in everyday to get her hair done, where Luna herself would come home to see her little brother curled under her sheets, where Luna's mother would sit and read her stories for hours.